Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Sony really failed hard this time...

Do you guys think this could be the end of Sony?
unsure.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
Sony really failed hard this time...

Do you guys think this could be the end of Sony?
unsure.gif
Not really.

They're multi billion dollar company. I don't think this lawsuit will hurt them enough to do that.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
KingVamp said:
Not saying they will go out of business,but wouldn't all Sony games spread to Nintendo or/and Microsoft?
In America and Europe, yeah, plenty of games. Japan though, not too sure.

The third party titles will but 1st will go out of existence in Japan most 1st party games aren't very popular in Japan save for the few exclusives.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to get too offtopic, but since this "third party" that hacked PSN was an ANONYMOUS source, which has put Sony in the biggest shithole of the year (so far?), wouldn't that technically mean that Anonymous has won the war?

........................ Lol.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
KingVamp said:
Not saying they will go out of business,but wouldn't all Sony games spread to Nintendo or/and Microsoft?
I love you for saying this, can't wait to play Kingdom Hearts III on Nintendo Project Cafe (Stream, Wiiii)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i bet geohot is not happy too, why would u be happy at someone's loss. If they stop their habits is when u get happy not when they are in trouble thats like what they did is what we are doing. Its the law of nature ie. cause and effect, karma yes is a reason/cause, whose cause is sony's own actions and their hiding the fact that probably all their efforts to confront geohot and everything was fear that all their unsecured data would get exposed.

i also am kinda sad for them, i dont think they will die but it will be a huge blow. The thing i agree with is sony's lack of action and notification about the incident and that ppl should do something before it goes bad. He said they knew it on 20th and yet did not inform the ppl about it.

U know who is to blame? Those cursed/damned hackers who actually stole information and money for customers. Are they so low as to steal from just anybody?! Damn them!

PS - This kinda adds to the drama of real madrid but i thought this is more interesting (in a bad way). I am not sure if the other posts say so but the type of suing is by many ppl reporting to a single firm to file a case. RP has his work cut out lol. No sleeping today man!

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They sued GeoHot and now they're being sued. It's all I read on the web nowadays.

And to think this whole hacking thing started after Sony killed the Other OS feature... They certainly aren't the game company they were 10 years ago. :/

D

Deleted_171835

Doesn't make any sense.

It isn't Sony's fault that they got hacked. A hacker with malicious intents did it. Hopefully, the plaintiff doesn't succeed.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
demonicstrife said:
Not to get too offtopic, but since this "third party" that hacked PSN was an ANONYMOUS source, which has put Sony in the biggest shithole of the year (so far?), wouldn't that technically mean that Anonymous has won the war?

Theres a difference
No-one know who attacked the PSN. aka the attackers are anonymous people.
You are refering to the group under the name of anonymous

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
demonicstrife said:

Theres a difference
No-one know who attacked the PSN. aka the attackers are anonymous people.
You are refering to the group under the name of anonymous
I know, it was a joke.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
SoulSnatcher said:
Doesn't make any sense.

It isn't Sony's fault that they got hacked. A hacker with malicious intents did it. Hopefully, the plaintiff doesn't succeed.

It's Sony's fault for not having beefier security. Sony is responsible for keeping a customer's info safe. Sony is also responsible if that information gets into the hands of someone the consumer did not consent to.

Let's say I'm borrowing a Nintendo DS from a friend and I lock the door, yet leave the window open...the thief crawls through the window and steals my friend's DS. By law, I am responsible for his DS the moment he lends it to me, no matter what kind of security I had on my house.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been a major anti-sony proponent for a while, but I actually feel sorry for them now. perhaps, this marks a turning point for the company as whole. getting rid of the dead weight like many of their ceos and engineering staff is a start. I mean year-after-year they've become more distant from what the consumer wants, and their arrogance is just astounding. now that they've hit rock-bottom, they know there's only one way to turn this around.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Doesn't make any sense.

Almost anytime a breach like this happens, there has been gross negligence. If correct security proceedures are followed, then stealing this kind of information would be EXTREMELY difficult.

If sony had print outs of everyone's info sitting on some desk in their office, and a janitor steals them, can you say its not sony's fault? When you are handling people's private information, there are certain proceedures that you take in order to ensure the safety of that information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.