Sony PS Vita Announced at E3?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
According to Joystiq who are showing what seems to be leaked photos from Sony's pre-E3 show; the long awaited successor of the PSP, previously known as "NGP" (Next Generation Portable) will officially be renamed to PS Vita.

Joystiq said:
Two images were initially posted to one of the sites yesterday -- a Blogspot site owned by someone named Hugo Miramontes -- though the shots were later taken down along with the post. In its place, a note now sits, which reads, "This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry. I really am." We reached out to Miramontes for comment, and had yet to hear back as of publishing.
[...]
That said, all of this could be little more than a well-crafted hoax. Lest you forget, before the NGP was officially confirmed, multiple rumors pegged the system as being codenamed "Vita" and/or "Veta." Of course, Sony could've just stuck with the name, but it could also be that there are folks on the internet with plenty of extra time on their hands.
[tnw=200]http://gbatemp.net/up/rszpsvitanumber2599px.jpg[/tnw]
Does this look legit to you? Do you like this name?
discuss.png
 Discuss

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Aww man, PSVita doesn't roll off the tongue like 3DS or PSP. I guess PSV would work, but that sounds like medicine.
tongue.gif
Be sure to take your PSVita daily!
Side Affects include: nausea, heartburn and seizures
Overdose may result in being sued by Sony and making stupid rap videos about said company.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Doesn't seem legit...

I prefer the names like PSP, DS, 3DS and NGP more. They sorta sound 'right'

PSVita?!? Maybe PSV... That could be okay...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is not the real name.

If I remember correctly, in an issue of GameInformer (or it was some magazine), the Xperia Play was codenamed Zeus and the rumored PSP2 was codenamed Veta, before it was codenamed NGP. It's a letter off but its a possibility.

obaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony PS vita - fail in brand naming. thay can do worse only if the called it ps vista.
look like they consider psp is fail (which isn`t actually, even despite of fact that ds is better. but N was longer on this market). again - sony consider that as gaming console psp fails, so they want to create ipod\3ds\coyon competitor at once. something like "looks - we have new device! it can skype, flash, facebook, hd-films, loseless music! and year, we almost forgot - it can play games sometimes.".
btw - they should do something with that horrible stiks on early prototype. This beast simply impossible to put in pocket. it is bad that psp go design was abadoned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-