Sony hack losses.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, where are the people who were making fun of "Anonymous", saying they cant do jack shit other than DDoS attacks? Calling them bunch of script kiddies hiding in their moms basement, lol.
I am damn sure there were many of them.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
This is a separate hack, that happened BEFORE the PSN hack, but they only found out when investigating the PSN hack.

Totally different servers and thus showing that Sony's security was poor in general, not just for the Playstation 3. Not only were they hacked, but they didnt even know they were hacked.

This time at least they seem to know credit card info, and other bank info was stolen.

btw nothing to link this with the PS3 being hacked as far as I know or the Anonymous group, who denied any involvement with even the PSN hack.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
So, where are the people who were making fun of "Anonymous", saying they cant do jack shit other than DDoS attacks? Calling them bunch of script kiddies hiding in their moms basement, lol.

Anonymous said before the hack they weren't going to disrupt PSN any more, and they've repeatedly denied responsibility for the breach.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fluffykiwi said:
This is a separate hack, that happened BEFORE the PSN hack, but they only found out when investigating the PSN hack.

Totally different servers and thus showing that Sony's security was poor, not just for the Playstation 3. Not only were they hacked, but they didnt even know they were hacked.

This time at least they seem to know credit card info, and other bank info was stolen.

btw nothing to link this with the PS3 being hacked or the Anonymous group.

BlueStar said:
QUOTE(Tanveer @ May 3 2011, 09:59 AM) So, where are the people who were making fun of "Anonymous", saying they cant do jack shit other than DDoS attacks? Calling them bunch of script kiddies hiding in their moms basement, lol.

Anonymous said before the hack they weren't going to disrupt PSN any more, and they've repeatedly denied responsibility for the breach.
I see.
Meh, I might aswell get another 360 for Xbox Live.
I dont think Sony can do anything soon enough.. I already had to report one of my credit cards being stolen. Just too much hassle -.-.

TheYummyKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:

"Anonymous" in general only uses DDoS attacks using that LOIC program thing for their operations. The person(s) who did this probably doesn't belong to "Anonymous" but is rather an anonymous hacker trying to profit from Sony's poor security. My guess he has ties to some sort of crime ring specializing in identity thief which is what this large database would be good for.

In general, if you were a thief, wouldn't you want your identity to remain anonymous? I mean it would defeat the whole purpose of committing a crime if everyone knew who you were and where to find you. The last thing the person(s) who did this needs is a big red arrow over his head telling people to arrest him.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think the hackers are now doing this purposely to show the incompetence of sony relative to their efforts these days (cases and all). They might want to say that we hate sony and they deserve to be hated.
Imagine all the ppl who have stored "something" with sony.

TheYummyKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, since both the PSN and SoE were hacked. I wonder if the hackers also tried to target Sony's online store? Actually I wonder how good the security is in all the other Sony branches in general?

LunaValeheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
stanleyopar2000 said:
demonicstrife said:
Innocent PS3 Hackers just couldn't get a fucking break from Sony.
mellow.gif

Karma is a bitch isin't it?
laugh.gif

+1

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Update, 9:03PM EST: SOE has provided us with the following statement, in which it confirms that its user data was stolen as part of the original intrusion -- not a second attack. "While the two systems are distinct and operated separately, given that they are both under the SONY umbrella, there is some degree of architecture that overlaps. The intrusions were similar in nature. This is NOT a second attack; new information has been discovered as part of our ongoing investigation of the external intrusion in April."
- Jostiq added this update.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stand by my case this could be the end of Sony. Not that I want that to happen, but no matter what, this will be a big stain on their record. Even the non-hack users are being affected now, so Sony better be able to bounce back quickly.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
I still stand by my case this could be the end of Sony. Not that I want that to happen, but no matter what, this will be a big stain on their record. Even the non-hack users are being affected now, so Sony better be able to bounce back quickly.

I very much doubt that this will be the end of Sony but it's surely done some mega serious damage to their rep as a company, it's just one big fucking mess.........

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Everyone is saying that Sony is handling it so poorly and saying that it will have major damage on their reputation and "could be the end of sony".
Well most the PS3 fans are just like "Oh damn when will PSN come back on i wanna play some CoD".
And everyone would of fergotten all about this in a month.
A few weeks of no PSN isn't too bad.
the credit card people?
well they are idiot for saving their credit card info.
Just buy a $30 PSN card insteed of risking your credit card >.>

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I agree with the above comment. The only thing this has proven is how much I miss PSN when I don't use it. I am fine without it but miss a bit of CoD once in a while (despite how annoying that game can be). It doesn't make me want to go out and buy the Xbox 360. I will never do that!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well i just bought Black Ops the other day.
So an upside to things is that it's given me an excuse to play the campaign.
I finished the campaign and i am doing it on veteran now.
I'm so glad it's not like world at war's veteran mode
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
well they are idiot for saving their credit card info.

Just buy a $30 PSN card insteed of risking your credit card >.>

And what if the company you buy the PSN card from has an absolutely useless security policy as well and loses your card details? Oh, I guess you should go and withdraw some cash and buy it with paper money? What if the operator of the cashpoint hasn't done any background checking on the cheap company it used to make the machine and the factory workers installed code to steal your card details? Haha, stupid person for using a cashpoint or buying something with a credit card, right?

This idea that it's somehow the fault of customers for having this crazy notion that a large company should be able to keep a hold of their details without organised criminals getting their hands on them is utterly stupid. Unless you live in the woods trading berries and bearskins, in 2011 you cannot survive without some form of electronic money and your details being on the systems of companies you do business with. It is not unreasonable for companies to be expected to keep these details safe and be held accountable for when they don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum