1. youngrex

youngrex Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  2. youngrex

youngrex Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    heres the problem with that psn is free to play online so your sol on the other hand if you had to pay to play online like xbox then yes you could say they should give you something in return

3. Strider

Strider Next to the mainstream

So if it's free it's okay to sloppily handle personal data and misuse your customers trust?

4. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Sony aren't running those servers as a charity to gamers. They're run with the profit they make from games and systems, and in turn the online service increases the amount people are willing to pay for those products from Sony. You pay for the online service when you buy your consoles and games. Without being a Sony customer and giving them money you don't get to use PSN any more than someone who doesn't give money to MS can use XBL.

5. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

6. Styles420

Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How about, if it's free, you're getting what you pay for?

Or another way to look at it - whenever a customer isn't satisfied, they demand their money back for the service that disappointed them. So go demand your money back for your subscription to the network - the check wouldn't be worth the cost of the paper it's printed on, so you'll be paid - INSTANTLY - in cash [​IMG]

7. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

How about you read my post above? How about the money Sony makes from running its online service, from the developers who pay to market their games/movies etc to YOU, the, consumer, which they pay Sony for with the money they get from YOUR pocket? The consoles and online games that would not have been bought if it wasn't for the online aspect? Again, stop talking as if Sony run PSN as a personal favour to the people whose data they've lost. They run it for the same reason they run any other part of their business, because it brings them in money.

Facebook, google, your email provider, a lot of services are "free" - more free than Sony, which requires you to buy their games and hardware to use it, as well as be bombarded with adverts for the games and servicves you can buy through it. It's fine for these companies to lose your data, and if they do there shouldn't be any consequences because you 'get what you pay for' and there's no money to be refunded anyway, in spite of the fact they make billions from these services they provide?

8. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I could see Sony going under because of this.

9. defrb

defrb GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    "put some more Millions in securing your stuff before you start a war"
    sony is disrespectfull to all his consumers, they try to make it the consumers fault to trust sony?? thats sick man

10. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Oh WOW!. This is... This is... Epic FAIL!!! If this continues, they could go down. Something tells me that this is not a coincidence... Someone's out to get them...
    Even though I'm not a Sony fanboy, I never expected that one of the most powerful companies in the world would be subject to hacking and cyber-attacks. This is NOT a good year for Sony.

11. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Hey let me use your retort against you.

Why don't you buy an xbox 360 and a live account to play cod online while psn's down?
    well "they are idiot" for saving cod data on ps3.

You'd probably miss the point on this post if I left it at that, so:
    Just because something suits your personal circumstances, doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

12. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

You are exaggerating too much...
    It's not like Sony has been completely useless in this situation.
    Imagine if it were Nintendo in their position (which releases a new firmware like every 3 months [​IMG] )
    And I think you are using this as an excuse to troll sony.
    I were a nintendo fanboy who hated the PS3 before, but then i got one and it's lots of fun.
    A few weeks of no PSN down doesn't meen NO PSN ON PS3.
    It just meens PSN isn't available for a few weeks >.>

13. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

And I think you simply don't understand how negligent they are, and you're guilty of projection. Maybe your average kid only cares about not being able to play games, but I don't think Sony's userbase, or the courts, are going to be so forgiving.

As for "But it's freeeee", as well as the posts I made above about how it's not actually free, why do you think people were putting their credit card details in? Because they were buying stuff, stuff that wasn't 'free' from Sony's service.

14. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

But the 'payed' stuff can still be used.
    It's not like they are missing out on PAYED services.
    It's just that they cannot buy anything while PSN is down.
    Anyway it's pretty pathetic to just go on this thread to attack sony.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - losses,