Sony Gamescom Conference

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
... But if theres no Wi-Fi how the f*ck do you play multi-player?
unsure.gif

I bought my GO for 90$ and it has Wi-Fi...
Sony could have just make the GO for 50$ and release about 20 free awesome games, big N wouldn't even stand a chance...
Ad Hoc with friends around you.

Ad Hoc party.

Or Xlink Kai.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
The DS was marketed at people who don't like video games.
Say what? I disagree, I leave it at that.

Anyway, a non-wifi psp is kinda weird, but I admit it does look good.

So no-wifi psp, psp,psv, and psv 3g.

I see.
unsure.gif

I prefer the psv...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
There were a lot of people before saying that Sony was giving up on the PSP. I guess we can put that speculation to rest.

I can't wait to see what kind of new AP devilry Sony infuses into this new model. Better snap up those old Go's and 3000's while they last, kids.
tongue.gif

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the E-1000 (that what the new psp wifi free)
it EU ONLY

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/new-99-p...fall-in-europe/
QUOTE said:
Update: PlayStation Blog Europe has posted a few more details about the device. The new PSP will be dubbed the E-1000 and will feature the same matte finish as the PlayStation 3 slim console. As the handheld will lack WiFi, the only way to connect to the PlayStation Store will be via Sony's Media Go software. So, uh, we hope there aren't any Mac users among the E-1000's prospective buyers.

A range of discounted UMD titles is also planned to launch alongside the device, including EyePet Adventures, Invizimals: The Lost Tribes and FIFA 12. Each game in the new lineup will be priced at €9.99.

Strangely, another feature completely lacking from the E-1000: Liquid metal

Snailface

Trophies
XP
skawo96 said:
That makes it even more weird.
EU only--WTF? Maybe its due to the system not being able to be sold for $99 at a profit. Damn exchange rates.

Oh well, you Europeans will be happy with your new CFW-free model.
nyanya.gif

Then I'll eat my words when it gets hacked, lol.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
the E-1000 (that what the new psp wifi free)
it EU ONLY

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/new-99-p...fall-in-europe/
QUOTE said:
Update: PlayStation Blog Europe has posted a few more details about the device. The new PSP will be dubbed the E-1000 and will feature the same matte finish as the PlayStation 3 slim console. As the handheld will lack WiFi, the only way to connect to the PlayStation Store will be via Sony's Media Go software. So, uh, we hope there aren't any Mac users among the E-1000's prospective buyers.

A range of discounted UMD titles is also planned to launch alongside the device, including EyePet Adventures, Invizimals: The Lost Tribes and FIFA 12. Each game in the new lineup will be priced at €9.99.

Strangely, another feature completely lacking from the E-1000: Liquid metal.

For now, that is. It may change later, this is an EU oriented event and it does say
No mention was made of a launch in other territories, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear something!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Having looked at those pics, no wonder it's cheap....they forgot the brightness and note buttons.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sony only started making a profit with PS3 a year or two around, did they not? So what, are they betting everything on software again?

Meanwhile, the new PSP's design looks rather odd to me, but it sounds nice. Vita is Vita, still awesome.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Having looked at those pics, no wonder it's cheap....they forgot the brightness and note buttons.
Did not notice,but I doubt those to things alone would make it so cheap...

I did notice that now the buttons are kinda like the 3DS's. (No, I'm not saying they copied)

QUOTE(Snailface @ Aug 16 2011, 02:53 PM) Good eye.
I wonder if that's a touch panel strip? I just hope it's not like the 3DS's stiff buttons.
Oh, come on...
mellow.gif
They are not that hard to click.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very, very nice indeed.

Now that the PS3 and 360 are closer in price, I am curious as to how it will affect sales. Also, the cheap new PSP looks nice, but I'm not sure how many people will be willing to buy it with the Vita just around the corner.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
This is very interesting. I posted the new PSP news at Wololo.net and some1 (famous PSP exploit coder) gave an interesting response:

me:
QUOTE said:
New PSP model announced at Gamescon: (new design, reduced price, no Wifi, Europe only) --is this the 11g? hmm...
some1:
QUOTEI was thinking the same thing. Nymphaea told me that it might only have adhoc, so I looked at the 11g tables, and wlan_firmware is missing (even though wlan.prx is still there), and netfront is also missing, while all the pspnet adhoc files are still there.
Seems as though the new PSP will ship with 6.60? (given that firmware seems to account for it's feature reduction)

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Gahars said:
Also, the cheap new PSP looks nice, but I'm not sure how many people will be willing to buy it with the Vita just around the corner.
I'm considering getting it.
Reasons being is that I'll have access to the all the PSP games (UMD and PSN) plus having the PSN games on the Vita and might be able to transfer saves (make it so, Sony).
Sony can't really force publishers to make their games appear digitally so it's a good move that they release a cheap sexy PSP model.

All I need on a PSP is Dissidia 012 and Gods Eater Burst to keep me happy (Dissidia 012 isn't available on PSN in EUR and Gods Eater Burst is only available on PSN. Retarded, I know), everything else is a plus I guess.

inb4justpirate. I'm trying to slowly go legit with my games, pirating really does spoil it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter