Sony Gamescom Conference

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Here's a look at the back: (from kotaku)
medium_6049207406_007dc9796e_o.jpg

That's one large UMD door. Could it be the battery door as well? I hope so, I can't stand built in batteries.

Another from the front:
6048654857_7c12f455a7_o.jpg

Notice how it only has one speaker on the left? Could it be mono? Is anybody starting to think this thing is one gimped POS, lol?
Looks beautiful though, I'll give it that.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Here's a look at the back: (from kotaku)
medium_6049207406_007dc9796e_o.jpg

Another from the front:
6048654857_7c12f455a7_o.jpg

Notice how it only has one speaker on the left? Could it be mono? Is anybody starting to think this thing is one gimped POS, lol?
Looks beautiful though, I'll give it that.

look like it has a
psp!GO type battery setup

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so I am a bit confused xD I didn't see it, but what I read right now is that they will bring out the PSP Vita and the PSP E1000 ? Did I get that right ?

edit: and it has UMD, but no memorystick... or has it ? I can't see if it has one :S

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
hunter291 said:
so I am a bit confused xD I didn't see it, but what I read right now is that they will bring out the PSP Vita and the PSP 4000 ? Did I get that right ?
The model number is E-1000 which will be released this Fall in Europe (TBA on America and even Japan).

Vita will be released next year for the West.

Edit: I've added a link in the OP to Joystiq for more details of the new PSP model.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lets see what kind of fw the E1000 has
biggrin.gif
Some entirely new fw or maybe a fw that already got hacked to the time the e1000 comes out
tongue.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP had outdated and slow wifi when it first shipped, the crappy B standard. It's faster to download psp content threw the ps3, than transfer it over to a memory stick.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3 parts must be becoming less and less costly. That is an appealing price to anybody who may not own a PS3 yet. It is pretty amazing. The Vita is still sexy, and that new PSP model is equally sexy. Why can't we get that model with wi-fi? I would buy it for $120 easy.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Official Vita Specs:

Highlights: (512MB system+128MB video RAM, QVGA & VGA cameras (but 120Hz-60Hz refresh rate respectively))

from Neogaf:

Platform Name PlayStation®Vita
Model number PCH-1000 series
CPU ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
GPU SGX543MP4+
External Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth)
Dimensions (tentative, excludes largest projection)
5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors,
Screen OLED
------ ------------------------------------------------------
(Touch screen) Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
-------------- ------------------------------------
Main memory 512MB
----------- -----
VRAM 128MB
---- -----
Rear touch pad Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
Cameras Front camera, Rear camera
Frame rate : 120fps@320x240(QVGA), 60fps@640x480(VGA)
Resolution : Up to 640x480(VGA)
Sound Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in microphone
Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope,
three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic
Sensors compass
------- ------------------------------------------------------
Location Built-in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only)
-------- ----------------------------------
Wi-Fi location service support
------------------------------

Keys / Switches PS button
--------------- Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right stick, Left stick
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)
Wireless
communications Mobile network connectivity (3G/Wi-Fi model only)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure
mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
-----------------------------------
Slots/Ports PlayStation®Vita card slot
----------- --------------------------
Memory card slot
----------------
SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only)
-----------------------------------
Multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN,
Audio (Stereo Out /Mono In), Serial data
communication),
---------------------------------------------------
Headset jack (Stereo mini jack) (for Audio (Stereo Out
/Mono In))
----------
Accessory port
--------------
Power Built-In Lithium-ion Battery,
----- -----------------------------
AC adaptor
----------
Supported Music
--------- -----
-- MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3, MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC),
AV content WAVE (Linear PCM)
---------- -------------------------------------------------
format Videos
------ ------
-- MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC)
--------------------------------
Photos
------
-- JPEG (Exif 2.2.1), TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG
-----------------------------------------

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
PSP E-1000 speakers will be mono. (As guessed before by someone with the one speaker comment)

Please let headphones be stereo (It's a much better playing experience with headphones anyway)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the PSP E-1000 doesn't appeal to me (unless of course it comes to America) and the PSV games... still aren't cutting it. I love Gravity Daze, but... that's it for me.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Hmm, the PSP E-1000 doesn't appeal to me (unless of course it comes to America) and the PSV games... still aren't cutting it. I love Gravity Daze, but... that's it for me.

Chances are that if you haven't been a fan of the PSP and PS3, the Vita library is probably not going to appeal to you until you actually play the games. Games like Uncharted have amazing gameplay intermixed with a pretty good story and characters, while LBP is all about the innovation and level/character design (that you do 99% of yourself). You need to try the series to really love them, and it looks like the games being made for the Vita are gonna be high quality and worth whatever price may be set (hopefully no more than $40 a game).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Slyakin said:

Chances are that if you haven't been a fan of the PSP and PS3, the Vita library is probably not going to appeal to you until you actually play the games. Games like Uncharted have amazing gameplay intermixed with a pretty good story and characters, while LBP is all about the innovation and level/character design (that you do 99% of yourself). You need to try the series to really love them, and it looks like the games being made for the Vita are gonna be high quality and worth whatever price may be set (hopefully no more than $40 a game).
Oh, I've tried both LBP and Uncharted.

I like LBP... But not enough to buy it a 3rd time (I really think that buying LBP2 was a big mistake).

Uncharted? I actually beat the first game, and I'm trying to find a really cheap new copy of the second. I like Uncharted, but I don't want to compromise screen size (I'd rather play it on the PS3, as stupid as I sound).

And the games look high quality, but I'd rather not play a dart sim and a pool sim. Reality Fighters? Never liked fighters. Golf? No thanks. ModNation Racers? The game is... meh. I already have gotten it from the PSP Welcome Back thing. Never got into it. Super Stardust? ...If it's a downloadable, I'd maybe try it. And Wipeout just never worked for me.

I really have high hopes for the PSV. As for the launch? Kind of disappointing to me. To others, it could be damn amazing. To me? It's just... not worth my time.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Nathan Drake said:
Slyakin said:

Oh, I've tried both LBP and Uncharted.

I like LBP... But not enough to buy it a 3rd time (I really think that buying LBP2 was a big mistake).

Uncharted? I actually beat the first game, and I'm trying to find a really cheap new copy of the second. I like Uncharted, but I don't want to compromise screen size (I'd rather play it on the PS3, as stupid as I sound).

And the games look high quality, but I'd rather not play a dart sim and a pool sim. Reality Fighters? Never liked fighters. Golf? No thanks. ModNation Racers? The game is... meh. I already have gotten it from the PSP Welcome Back thing. Never got into it. Super Stardust? ...If it's a downloadable, I'd maybe try it. And Wipeout just never worked for me.

I really have high hopes for the PSV. As for the launch? Kind of disappointing to me. To others, it could be damn amazing. To me? It's just... not worth my time.

You have to admit though, in general, there are more worthwhile games to the average consumer than what there was in the 3DS launch. At this point in time, we've seen more of the launch titles too, and they're already looking fairly polished. For launch, it isn't half bad at all.

Also, Uncharted 2 is substantially better than the first game. You'll enjoy it if you liked the first Uncharted game.

Edit of an edit of an edit: Wow, I can really mess up a post when I'm not paying attention.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Woah a new PSP model now? I bet 90% of the people will buy a used one. Heck i got my PSP phat for just 38€. IT will however be nice for people that actually just spend their money on games/consoles if they have yet to grab one. I dont think i will grab a Vita before it gets a price drop. Buying the 3DS on release day hurts my pocked money, especially since im not getting a daily income yet... Well i always have my PS3 with over 8 games to finish and over 30 games to finish on DS/PSP. Only the PS3 game is bought though xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse