Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
SCEA President, JackTretton didn’t expect people to buy Kinect at the price tag it came with and was taken aback by its success.

He revealed this during an interview with Engadget, where he told he didn’t expect people to buy Microsoft’s motion sensor at its $150 price point but they did, hence proving him wrong:

Jack Tretton: "I didn’t think people would go out and spend $150 for that device and they did — and that’s a peripheral at the end of the day."

Tretton made this comment while he was asked what he thinks about the 3DS price tag of $250.

Jack Tretton: "You know, I’m not an expert on the 3DS. I’ve seen the screen. I haven’t played it. I think that if you could create content that consumers sees compelling, they’ll find money that they didn’t think they had. I think the more recent example of that was Kinect."

Well, Jack might not have expected Kinect to sell but we’re glad that he admits that he was proven wrong. Kinect has sold millions of units since its launch in November and has been a blockbuster success for Microsoft last holiday season.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They speak the truth, people just rant "2 exbensief, i no buy" but when the device releases, they are the first in line.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!
That's the only Sony guy I like!
biggrin.gif

Lol I already preordered my 3DS yesterday for 249
smile.gif

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually suprised anyone payed $150. Kinect is great but its too expensive.

As for NPG, there are rumors it could sell for as little as $250.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
I'm actually suprised anyone payed $150. Kinect is great but its too expensive.

As for NPG, there are rumors it could sell for as little as $250.
That's just it. Rumors, are just... Rumors. Nothing more nothing less.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
jack can talk the NGP is rumoured to be close to $500+ who would buy it at that price? you could buy 2 ps3s for that much.
hyuk, hard to believe there was a time when you wouldn't even be able to get 1 PS3.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
jalaneme said:
jack can talk the NGP is rumoured to be close to $500+ who would buy it at that price? you could buy 2 ps3s for that much.
-_- go ahead 6-7 years, you'll be able to get 5-6 NGPs with your $500.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's early in the morning and I didn't see anything wrong with this at first. But then I thought about it and realized that Sony has had no hand in either of those products. I guess it's easier to write something off as a bad idea when you didn't make it. I wonder why he didn't reference the PlayStation Move.
unsure.gif

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
-------FOR SONY EXEC----------------
The Sony Exec is such a dumb, slow guy.
Of course people will buy items which is more compelling compelling because they've been over with the old thing they've been playing for almost 5 years ago!
For example..
The DS is less powerful than the PSP..
But because of this "gimmick" the DS has it became so successful, because of this new things like the touch screen, all things becomes successful.
and now the 3DS and the NGP..
The 3DS has 3D screen which can be used without any glasses, which is new for everyone of course, But the NGP brings you nothing except for 6 year old tech stuffs + improved graphics only..

-------------RANT-------------------------
They could just have compared the NGP with Kinect.
Kinect = 10 year old stuff from sony
NGP = 6 year old stuff from SONY and Nintendo.

------------------------------------------------------------
And what's next?!? a 3DNGP?!?
don't forget Sony, you called the touch screen a "gimmick"
then why are you using touch screens now?!?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TechnoWorm said:
-------FOR SONY EXEC----------------
The Sony Exec is such a dumb, slow guy.
Of course people will buy items which is more compelling compelling because they've been over with the old thing they've been playing for almost 5 years ago!
For example..
The DS is less powerful than the PSP..
But because of this "gimmick" the DS has it became so successful, because of this new things like the touch screen, all things becomes successful.
and now the 3DS and the NGP..
The 3DS has 3D screen which can be used without any glasses, which is new for everyone of course, But the NGP brings you nothing except for 6 year old tech stuffs + improved graphics only..

-------------RANT-------------------------
They could just have compared the NGP with Kinect.
Kinect = 10 year old stuff from sony
NGP = 6 year old stuff from SONY and Nintendo.

And what's next?!? a 3DNGP?!?
don't forget Sony, you called the touch screen a "gimmick"
then why are you using touch screens now?!?

Christ, people think 3D is the pinnacle of advanced gaming. It's basically equivalent to bettering your graphics. Lemme explain.

3D offers no gameplay advantage over, say, a touchscreen. A touchscreen can play games differently and introduce new types of games (prime example being Elite Beat Agents). 3D does not. It simply makes shit have more physical depth. I doubt there will be any game based around the 3D (mind you it's not a hologram from Star Trek; for it to work you need to be staring at it, straight ahead). Every game I've seen for it so far is basically "It's X... But with 3D!" Like do you think Ocarina of Time, SSFIV, Starfox 64, etc are gonna be any different outside of better graphics and 3D? 3D is basically just one avenue of improving your eye candy, just like better resolution.

If you think systems need to bring new tech to the table outside of better graphics then you are a shit gamer. Before the Wii and DS systems were basically just upgrades of each other with better graphics and I don't see anyone complaining about how good the PS2 or Gamecube was. Hell the PS2 sold like 150 million units. It's still the highest selling console. Innovation shouldn't come from hardware, it should come from software. Basically, you don't need new hardware to make an innovative game, you just need good devs and bright ideas.

Also, touchscreens are becoming industry standards. Almost every relatively new phone in the last couple of years has one. I see Zunes and iPods have them, tablets are built around them, they're big. If anything, their touchscreen "copies" Apple since it's going after a multitouch screen like iPods have. I don't know what type of screen the 3DS has, but please inform me if it's stylus based like the old DS or multitouch like the iPod.

So basically, if they put a touchscreen, we get uneducated fools like yourself saying "OH WOW THEY'RE SUCH COPYCATS SONY IS DUMB". If they don't, then people will want a touchscreen because it's becoming an industry standard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-