Sonic Origins shows up on South Korean ratings board

cMPUrcoTKvKYEmdXBOtcVHPi.jpg

Almost a year ago, we saw the reveal of Sonic Origins, which was shown off briefly at 2021's Sonic Central stream. Following its announcement, there's been zero mention of the game by SEGA, and no further information has been given about the game, which collects together Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, and CD with new features and widescreen support. If SEGA won't give the fans more news, then at least the South Korean ratings board will: Sonic Origins is still in the works, and has been unsurprisingly given an "all ages" rating for release on PC.

In the past, getting a rating through the South Korean Game Rating and Administration Committee usually leads to an official announcement very shortly after, so we can likely expect to see some news about the collection soon.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be getting old 'cause I'm tired of Sonic compilations.

If at least it included the Sonic 1 Remake, Sonic 2 Remake, Sonic CD Remake, and the unfinished Sonic 3&K Remake I'd be excited, but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Dud

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
i hope this is a full blown remaster of 1-3K with the optional switch between 16bit and modern graphics just like sonic mania & if we are lucky cut scenes between each game to tie it all together B-)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope this is a full blown remaster of 1-3K with the optional switch between 16bit and modern graphics just like sonic mania & if we are lucky cut scenes between each game to tie it all together B-)
What would a remaster of Sonic 1 to 3&K be like to you?

The Remakes would be a much better offering, but for some reason they're keeping it exclusive to Android/iOS.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I will be more interested in Sonic Origins if they offer a "Mania" and/or "Encore" mode for every game in the collection, that would greatly improve the replayability, especially for those like me who played these games hundreds of times, but that's very unlikely to happen. But at least we are getting an enhanced port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, last time they made one was in Sonic Jam.

I hope that at least they manage to get the fade-in/out effect right this time, the mobile ports couldn't do that for some reason.

Reactions: sley and Dud

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This collection already sounds awesome from the get go, those widescreen Sonic ports needed console ports a decade ago.

But if they put the Drop Dash in, or Mighty and Ray from Mania, that'll be cool as all hell.

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be getting old 'cause I'm tired of Sonic compilations.

If at least it included the Sonic 1 Remake, Sonic 2 Remake, Sonic CD Remake, and the unfinished Sonic 3&K Remake I'd be excited, but not holding my breath.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way of all the compilations.

If I wanted to play any of the first three games enhanced, I would just get Sonic 1 Forever, Sonic 2 Absolute, and Sonic 3(&K) A.I.R. I'd love to get remakes of them in a bundle (especially CD), but I highly doubt it will be the case this time around. It's much easier to just add moves from later games (like spin dash in the mobile port of STH1 or mechanics from Mania), save states, and slap on widescreen support.

But even with my doubts, I hope fans will enjoy it when or if it releases.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wish this had the better versions of Sonic 1 & 2 and Sonic CD. And also they actually fixed all those Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles bugs.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My only doubt is if SEGA finally managed to find a way to launch Sonic 3 without facing problems because of the game's music.

Reactions: Vorde

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supposedly, these are going to be the enhanced mobile ports, not emulated versions.. including a new port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. None of these have been released on consoles/PC officially aside from Sonic CD.
If there's a port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles by none other than Christian Whitehead himself, then I will buy this for sure! I figured all the newer ports that use the Retro Engine were all ported to PC and pretty much every console made in the past 10 years.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP

The Remakes would be a much better offering, but for some reason they're keeping it exclusive to Android/iOS
growing up and loosing countless hours for years playing these games they only really require some tweaks for the 16bit graphics as a remaster.. but the big kid in me really like the updated sonic mania style as it was treated with respect ... so i guess it would end up having to be a remake over a remaster, it seems most comments on here want the same

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP

The Remakes would be a much better offering, but for some reason they're keeping it exclusive to Android/iOS
growing up and loosing countless hours for years playing these games they only really require some tweaks for the 16bit graphics as a remaster.. but the big kid in me really like the updated sonic mania style as it was treated with respect ... so i guess it would end up having to be a remake over a remaster, it seems most comments on here want the same

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Kind of a hard deal, considering each game already have better versions available, like the Christian Whitehead versions and Sonic 3 AIR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1