Sonic mania port for Wii (Not Wii U) Tutorial Windows - [Port of Mephiles]

SpanishFreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, here a tutorial of how to download/compile sonic mania for your wii!
IMG_20221005_181917.jpg

First of all, you can download the non plus version of it here: (Github link of the port), download it, put your data.rsdk/data folder of sonic mania, and copy the "SonicMania" folder in the folder of your sd/usb called "apps", and open it in homebrew launcher, all done!

Now, if you want compile it to have sonic mania plus like me (I make it in windows), i'm going to recommend to do it using DevKitPro and putting the wii dev and gamecube dev option only on it, and latter, open msys2, and type and install:

Make:
pacman -S make

Git:
pacman -S git

and now, put some commands in the archive called "Pacman.conf", this is the commands (This can be unnecessary):

[dkp-libs]
Server = https://pkg.devkitpro.org/packages

[dkp-windows]
Server = https://pkg.devkitpro.org/packages/windows/$arch/

and now, type and install this:

pacman -Syu

pacman -Syu wii-dev

and latter, download this script: (Script download link), and put it in "c/" (The root of your sdd/hdd), and now in msys2, put

cd /c

./ManiaWiiQuickBuild.sh

If all works correctly, it will start copying and moving sonic mania and rsdkv5 decomp files, and then it will start compiling it.
Don't worry if you get an error or if it takes a while, it's normal.

Now, the files can be here:
Desktop_Screenshot_2022.10.04_-_17.47.53.70.png

If this didn't work for you, i recommend you go to ask in the official server where is who made this port, Mephiles:
(Here the server link)

If you want to talk to me, im "Spanish Freddy" in that server.
Thx for read this, see you guys!​

Last edited by SpanishFreddy,

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi can somebody help? The 240p mode is not 100% compatible with pal tvs. The author said this:
The way this works is by forcing the current Wii render mode to NTSC 240P. Unsure if that is what would be causing the issue on your set but ik others that have tried this on PAL tubes without issue. One thing you can try is compiling your own copy with a small change - in RSDKv5/RSDK/Graphics/GX/GXRenderDevice.cpp, change line 74 from "vmode = &TVNtsc240Ds;" to "vmode = &TVPal264Ds;" (264 lines, maybe your set will like this better) or "vmode = &TVMPal240Ds;". Make sure not to include the quotation marks. Then just make that your ini file is set up as per usual. Hope this helps!

In what part of the tutorial do you have to modify this ? Thanks in advance

Unithrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, here a tutorial of how to download/compile sonic mania for your wii!
View attachment 332554
First of all, you can download the non plus version of it here: (Github link of the port), download it, put your data.rsdk/data folder of sonic mania, and copy the "SonicMania" folder in the folder of your sd/usb called "apps", and open it in homebrew launcher, all done!

Now, if you want compile it to have sonic mania plus like me (I make it in windows), i'm going to recommend to do it using DevKitPro and putting the wii dev and gamecube dev option only on it, and latter, open msys2, and type and install:

Make:
pacman -S make

Git:
pacman -S git

and now, put some commands in the archive called "Pacman.conf", this is the commands (This can be unnecessary):

[dkp-libs]
Server = https://pkg.devkitpro.org/packages

[dkp-windows]
Server = https://pkg.devkitpro.org/packages/windows/$arch/

and now, type and install this:

pacman -Syu

pacman -Syu wii-dev

and latter, download this script: (Script download link), and put it in "c/" (The root of your sdd/hdd), and now in msys2, put

cd /c

./ManiaWiiQuickBuild.sh

If all works correctly, it will start copying and moving sonic mania and rsdkv5 decomp files, and then it will start compiling it.
Don't worry if you get an error or if it takes a while, it's normal.

Now, the files can be here:
View attachment 332557

If this didn't work for you, i recommend you go to ask in the official server where is who made this port, Mephiles:
(Here the server link)

If you want to talk to me, im "Spanish Freddy" in that server.
Thx for read this, see you guys!​
I followed all the steps but I keep getting this error. How am I supposed to fix this?

1698390375085.png

Pinat

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I followed all the steps but I keep getting this error. How am I supposed to fix this?

View attachment 401277
copy the GameMain.h file from the Game/SonicMania folder to the RSDKv5 folder, it worked for me
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 401277
copy the GameMain.h file from the Game/SonicMania folder to the RSDKv5 folder, it worked for me

MaseG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to download devkitPro, it says "Your internet connection seems to be not permitted or dropped out! Please reconnect and click Retry to resume installation." And every time I click retry it says the same thing. I don't have a VPN on and my Wi-Fi is on, any fix?
Edit: Never mind, figured it out

Last edited by MaseG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them