Sonic Generations: Debut Trailer

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
Nintendo release some fat podger that walks and jumps- 'mario' and Sega release a cool hedghog that has fast and engaging gameplay- Sonic so naturally sonic deserves to be on the superior system- PS3.
smile.gif

You can't compare what Mario does in his game to if the game is fun or not. I could say the same thing you just said like this:

"Sega releases a dumb hedgehog that spins and pretends to be cool (Sonic), and Nintendo releases games with an awesome plumber that has fantastic gameplay requiring lots of precision. So naturally, Mario should be on the better system. The wii."

See how dumb that is? You practically invalidate your own point of view.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
There's several flaws in your statement but here's one for the sake of your embarrassment: mario is a plumber. why would i want to be some plumber for crying out loud so stupid. and this is truth and cannot be invalidated- he IS a plumber. That is such a boring character for gaming.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How come this isn't on Wii? Didn't Nintendo buy the rights to the Sonic franchise a few days ago?

Still, I hope this follows the trails of the recent 2D Sonic games like Colours and restores Sonix to his former glory. I still rate the Genesis games as some of the best platformers of all time. It's sad to see how low Sega let him fall when he went into the third dimension. Although it could be worse. I actually owned the Sonic novel 'Sonic in the Fourth Dimension' as a kid. He travels through time and messes up pretty much everything. It was kinda meh. You can get it off Amazon for a penny, but it costs £2.80 for delivery
wacko.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
R4Liam said:
There's several flaws in your statement but here's one for the sake of your embarrassment: mario is a plumber. why would i want to be some plumber for crying out loud so stupid. and this is truth and cannot be invalidated- he IS a plumber. That is such a boring character for gaming.
I see what you're trying to say, but all I'm reading is "derp".

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:

Why I even bother to respond to trolls...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
Sonic is a naked and creepy talking hedgehog. Why would I want to play as a stupid hedgehog especially one as weird as this.

That is such a weird and boring character for gaming.

rolleyes.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the classic games are hella overrated. sonic doesnt need to die but the "sonic cycle" part of the fanbase, and the furry part of the fanbase needs to. then people who play video games can play the games in peace
closedeyes.gif

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, hasn't this happened with other games where it only came out first on one system then later was released to the other, take Fable 3, released for 360 and in may the PC!, I wouldn't out rule the fact that will see this game on the Wii soon enough!

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
People, hasn't this happened with other games where it only came out first on one system then later was released to the other, take Fable 3, released for 360 and in may the PC!, I wouldn't out rule the fact that will see this game on the Wii soon enough!

maybe like cod4, 2 years later or so, while xbox360/ps3 players already are playing mw3, the wii finally gets cod4
rolleyes.gif

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Die Antwoord said:
RJ Sly 95 said:
Die Antwoord said:
it's gonna suck anyways. the last good sonic games were the ones on sega systems (long long time ago)
Sonic Colours says "Hi" [cit.]

i didn't even know that game existed..lol
I recommend you to try the Wii version of Sonic Colours.
It's what Sonic must be: a platformer(and not a racing like Unleashed), with a strong exploration part(if you want to get the best from this game you must get at least all the secret red rings), without shitty friends or new sections that ruin the whole game.

There are also 20 additional levels(that you can unlock after taking all the secret rings) in which you can play in co-op.

I think it's more "Sonic" than Sonic Adventure.

And I loved it much more than SMG.
rolleyes.gif

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that this is the hd trailer (only xbox 360 and ps3).
The other trailer should come out with info for wii, 3ds, psp(possibly), nds(possibly again),
ngp(possibly AGAIN).
Don't worry, it'll be on wii and 3ds.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:

Who gives a fuck about the characters, the real question is, are the games fun?
Mario has had 4 3d platformers: 3 of which were fantastic, in fact Galaxy 2 is hands down the greatest 3D platformer to date, please prove me wrong. 1 was iffy, but still not bad: sunshine.

Sonic has had 9 by my count 3d platformers: only 1 of which is fantastic: colors. And the rest range from terrible to good but flawed. The flawed games usually make the mistake of making the games have other things beside Sonic speed platforming (big the cat for example) that slow it down and aren't fun in the slightest.

So I think I'll take the guy who has the better percentage of great gameplay.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
To echo every single Sonic Colors fan in this thread, the Sonic trolling really, really, really, really needs to stop. Saying "there hasn't been a good sonic game since the first three/four" is total bunk. Yeah, some of the recent sonic games were rather hit-or-miss, but they weren't "terrible" (and yes, I have played and beaten Shadow The Hedgehog; I'd give it a 3/5). And completely regardless of the worse-than-they-should-be Sonic games, it's almost as if everyone completely forgot that Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, Sega All Stars Racing, and Sonic Colors ever existed. It's almost like people are hating on sonic just for the heck of it.

Sonic Colors, both versions, are hands-down the best Sonic games I've ever played in my life. It's like old-school Sonic gameplay mixed with the newer 3D sections, Mario-like powerups, and Metroid-like exploration. Heck, the game actually improved almost twofold after you beat it because you can have fun replaying the older levels with your new powerups and find secrets (and if you're a Metroid fan, you'll have a heck of a good time doing so). Some of the red rings are hidden so well that you feel almost thrilled to find them. And yes, I got every single one of them in the game and it was so worth it! Every Sonic gamer out there, get the Wii/DS version of Colors right now. In fact, don't pirate it, buy it so you can encourage Sega to make more awesome games like this
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...