Sonic Generations Anniversary Demo

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by NiGHtS, Jun 23, 2011.

1. NiGHtS
    OP

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    Is awful.

I was expecting something epic, something new and exciting like Colours was, not this rubbish. I am SO disappointed, all I did was hold the right button on the D-pad for most of the level, occasionally stopping because of a rock in the road which i had to press square for.

Also no '3D' sonic level in the demo.

The physics are better though.

2. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    You know what: Green Hill on Genesis is also essential just holding right and jumping a few times to keep momentum. With the later stages it becomes more and more a a traditional plattformer with multiple levels with the highest being the most difficult...

Here a video of City Escape (Classic), which I guess is a later stages and shows how much plattforming there is:

[youtube]WdUGCIxwkRc[/youtube]

I bet there is no demo of the modern, since it seems to be exactly like Colours and by now everyone is familiar with it I guess...

3. NiGHtS
    OP

Jul 9, 2007
    Fair enough, but I still felt like I didn't get what I was expecting, and I love most sonic games, be it the early ones, adventure, heroes, colours, shadow and even a small fondness towards the poor Sonic 06.

So this isn't a case of Sonic fans always whining, just a little disappointed cos I was SO hyped for it since I realised they released it...

4. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Yeah, I can`t directly comment on the gameplay honestly, since I don`t have a PSN account (never had one because of JB)... But I would love to try the demo though [​IMG]

5. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    And thus the Sonic Cycle continues.

6. NiGHtS
    OP

Jul 9, 2007
    Hopefully not. The videos of later levels does look pretty good, so I really hope this demo means nothing [​IMG]