Sonic Generations Anniversary Demo

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by NiGHtS, Jun 23, 2011.

Jun 23, 2011
  1. NiGHtS
    OP

Member NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Is awful.

I was expecting something epic, something new and exciting like Colours was, not this rubbish. I am SO disappointed, all I did was hold the right button on the D-pad for most of the level, occasionally stopping because of a rock in the road which i had to press square for.

Also no '3D' sonic level in the demo.

The physics are better though.

2. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    You know what: Green Hill on Genesis is also essential just holding right and jumping a few times to keep momentum. With the later stages it becomes more and more a a traditional plattformer with multiple levels with the highest being the most difficult...

Here a video of City Escape (Classic), which I guess is a later stages and shows how much plattforming there is:

[youtube]WdUGCIxwkRc[/youtube]

I bet there is no demo of the modern, since it seems to be exactly like Colours and by now everyone is familiar with it I guess...

3. NiGHtS
    OP

United Kingdom
    Fair enough, but I still felt like I didn't get what I was expecting, and I love most sonic games, be it the early ones, adventure, heroes, colours, shadow and even a small fondness towards the poor Sonic 06.

So this isn't a case of Sonic fans always whining, just a little disappointed cos I was SO hyped for it since I realised they released it...

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Yeah, I can`t directly comment on the gameplay honestly, since I don`t have a PSN account (never had one because of JB)... But I would love to try the demo though [​IMG]

5. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    And thus the Sonic Cycle continues.

6. NiGHtS
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hopefully not. The videos of later levels does look pretty good, so I really hope this demo means nothing [​IMG]