Sonic Central June 7th showcase - roundup

After yesterday's announcement, the Sonic The Hedgehog official YouTube channel uploaded a live stream to showcase upcoming projects and partnerships from SEGA.

Sonic The Hedgehog YouTube Channel said:
Tune in for a sneak peek at some of our upcoming projects, partnerships, and events happening in 2022!

The live showcase has started! Let's begin with what the showcase is showing:
  • Sonic Origins new trailer, showing gameplay. Classic, Anniversary, Boss rush modes, and more, available on June 23rd.
  • Sonic Speed Simulator on Roblox on June 11th.
  • New characters for Sonic Dash and Sonic Forces based on the Sonic 2 movie, as well as Super Shadow and Blaze.
  • Sonic Prime short teaser, coming to Netflix. Shadow will be in the show.
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie releasing on Blu-Ray and Digital, with a brand new short after the events of the movie.
  • New Sonic G-Fuel, and artwork, music, figures, and candy dispensers will be available
  • Sonic Symphony World Tour with dates being announced later.
  • Fall Guys and Sonic collab, with new Sonic, Tails & Knuckles skins.
  • Teaser for Sonic Frontiers' prologue, featuring Knuckles. Depicts events from before the game.
  • Sonic Frontiers new gameplay footage.
That's a wrap.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I fucking called it, I knew it couldn't have been a final build, hopefully the REAL game is decent.
You must be an oracle or something.

OR no company on their right mind would say the following:
"Oh, yes, that shitty footage is the end product. That expect it tp change much."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So no delay? Game is gonna be a dumpster fire. Once upon a time Sega's mediocrity was at least kind of charming, back when it was clear they had no real grasp on 3D game design. Now it just feels like they're shoveling trash at us on purpose.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fall Guys and Sonic collab, with new Sonic, Tails & Knuckles skins.
Fall Guys is still a thing? I figure they would do a collab with something like Fortnite now like every other goddamn IP seems to be doing anymore.

Wish people would stop being cynical towards SEGA and Sonic.
Never going to happen. Until Sega can somehow shape up Sonic Team to not do stupid ass shit anymore, chances are everyone will have a cynical view of their efforts.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie releasing on Blu-Ray and Digital, with a brand new short after the events of the movie.
this in itself may make me get the BD or buy it off MS store like i did the first should be interesting to see how Shadow is done or what plot the short has to see how it sets up Sonic 3

Reactions: ShadowOne333

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fall Guys is still a thing? I figure they would do a collab with something like Fortnite now like every other goddamn IP seems to be doing anymore.

Never going to happen. Until Sega can somehow shape up Sonic Team to not do stupid ass shit anymore, chances are everyone will have a cynical view of their efforts.
I do see a silver lining in sega Sega don't (most of the time) what nintendoes kill fan projects

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this in itself may make me get the BD or buy it off MS store like i did the first should be interesting to see how Shadow is done or what plot the short has to see how it sets up Sonic 3

I might be wrong, but I think the short has already been out for a few days.
I think this is the one:

Not sure if there's another or if indeed this is the same one.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or maybe Sonic Fans should grow up and stop being stupid.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe Sonic Fans should grow up and stop being stupid.
If Sonic fans actually "grew up" there would be no actual consumer base for their games anymore.

The criticism is real, this is not some sort of Chris-Chan style "they made Sonic's arms Blue!1!!" kind of criticism, the problems with their games, direction and general distrust with Sonic Team itself is a very well known problem, even outside of the fans that know about it, its fairly well known in the gaming community. Such problems existing all the way back in the mid-late 90's no less and only getting worse once a lot of the original good talent left or retired.

Here's a good example of how poorly Sega handled these things, with a Sonic game that never got released.

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chocolate PEZ is unfortunately retired.

951374-Chocolate-6pk_345x@2x.jpg
that was a thing?? now I'm sad i never got to try it...

Reactions: Glyptofane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey