Something werid I noticed

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by petethepug, May 28, 2017.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I don't know if it was the specific tutorial I followed, or doing something on my 3DS. But I did not have arm9loaderhax in Godmode9, what's weird is that CFW is saved to the CTR NAND (The OS.) But I managed to get as far to getting CIA's on my 3DS and Luma CFW.

What?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is a video guide I followed (I'm to lazy to read.) (Skip to 8:19)

I was missing arm9loaderhax.bin And I have a feeling that's why I wasn't banned in the earlier (or current) banwaves for using "Unauthorized Software"

Because before I used my 3ds (Installed boot9 5/28/17) And was playing on Pokémon & stuff online for two weeks once in awhile (5/21/17 - 5/28/17)

I think this may be the reason people may be getting banned but I can't say for sure. Because playing online for two weeks and using unauthorized software makes it seem that way, I should have been banned in two - three days.

I will post an additional response if I do get banned though from upgrading to boot9strap, I will post asap so people can compare the time difference

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Be careful using video guides,they are known to brick your 3ds if outdated.Follow it at your own risk.

pietempgba and Quantumcat like this.
  3. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    do people not even read the main thread? it doesnt matter if they had A9LH, B9S, Menuhax, soundhax or wtf ever everyones of all exploit types have been hit. having B9S or A9LH has been debunked as a Cause what is theorized on this is the Massive cheating in that recent Japanese tournament and the timely release of B9S having a factor.

you realize the B9S upgrade by watching a video your doing more work and wasting MORE time than actually exercising that Mush you call a Brain. to copy a few files to your SD in specific folders and Root Run the installer and BAM. how can you be That lazy? Sorry to be Rude but you claiming lazyness on something that simple that quick honestly confuses me .

Giodude likes this.
  4. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    People strive to be more lazy man. I learned moding ps2 feom printed 25 sheets of paper :-) there was no youtube and other bs back in 2004 :-)
    Amd to answer the OP, nintendo receives infonabout your 3ds, games, what are you doomg on it, EVERYTHING
    They can see you playing EU or JAP region on your US 3DS. So don't believe everything on youtube.
    ~Byo out *drops mice*

petethepug likes this.
  5. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    3ds.guide?

Like I said earlier, and no I have not been banned.
    Actually, I do it to make sure I'm following the right steps. When I went on 3ds.guide the way everything was organized by "steps" confused me way to much, and it would have been easy to forget something. The video guide still explained it correctly and simple (But with a few mis-steps. But that's fine.)

That confuses me to, because everyone is doing that on @Chary 's thread and multiplying threads of it.
    Like what everyone has said
    I never proclaimed myself being a new 3ds homebrew developer, or someone like yellow8. Were all looking for solutions on GBATemp on why this is happening, and no one knows why.
    So I'm sharing my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited by petethepug, May 28, 2017
  6. Stovven

Stovven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    ctf_2fort
    I didnt have arm9loaderhax.bin on my system and I got banned so uhh thats debunked

7. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    oh

nvm then I guess

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    They're not checking SD/NAND content to determine who to ban. It has to do with online use.

9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Another reason to 3ds.guide.

10. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    False, my 2ds got banned, I never use online play in any game, not even used leaked games, so uhh debunked

11. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I never said anything about playing online. I said online usage. Y'know, having the WiFi enabled for online services to operate.

12. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Nope, only time wifi was on was to ftp some files. They waited for me :-P

13. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it Phones Home data when you have Wifi on, how often and if it attempts the first chance it gets when Wifi goes on,techincally going oinline (turning on Wifi)

14. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    So the 3ds is a snitch?
    Snitches get stitches

petethepug likes this.
  15. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016