Gaming Someone was high when they did this....

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
outgum said:
Logic > Googling a unrealeased ROM
and your right, THIS early is crazy XD
I guess it cant hurt to try though?
I sometimes do that, I know i am not going to find anything, but it's worth a dream that you will find something no one has just yet

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol
"i wish i can , i wish i can, i wish i can! =O I can fly!"
Fair enough, i think i did the same with... Phantasy Star?
But honestly, who didnt lol

Speaking of phantasy star , i think i might play it now XD

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I was googling it because when I was gonna google a video of spirit tracks I found that typing in "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks" would result in suggestions also adding on "rom" at the end... I thought it was odd that someone was looking for the rom. Turns out there were results like what I put in the first post and there was one result that had the actual rom but I couldn't get to it because of a double anti-spambot thing that wouldn't let me past.

Seriously. This early and there's already a rom on the webs. And you can't even get to it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
outgum said:
lol
"i wish i can , i wish i can, i wish i can! =O I can fly!"
Fair enough, i think i did the same with... Phantasy Star?
But honestly, who didnt lol

Speaking of phantasy star , i think i might play it now XD
Hey, it's nice to dream. And I did the same thing then too, so we have all done something like that at one point and time
And that's a good idea, I think I might do the same after I am done with the game I am playing now.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Inunah said:
I was googling it because when I was gonna google a video of spirit tracks I found that typing in "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks" would result in suggestions also adding on "rom" at the end... I thought it was odd that someone was looking for the rom. Turns out there were results like what I put in the first post and there was one result that had the actual rom but I couldn't get to it because of a double anti-spambot thing that wouldn't let me past.

Seriously. This early and there's already a rom on the webs. And you can't even get to it.
Hey the same thing has happen to me and is happening to me now with Fighting Fantasy >.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Inunah said:

Hey the same thing has happen to me and is happening to me now with Fighting Fantasy >.<
Yeah.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Inunah said:
Inunah said:

Hey the same thing has happen to me and is happening to me now with Fighting Fantasy >.<
Yeah.
So really it just happens with all games, so far from what I know none of them are real.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Inunah said:

Yeah.
So really it just happens with all games, so far from what I know none of them are real.
Well, it doesn't happen with all games... I mean, right now you could start to search for hours for a website that lets you download Jam Sessions 2 and there would be not even a fake download link, and that's been out for almost a month and a half now.

Some games do have that happening though... Half the time it's really a leaked rom, but the other half is dead links and bogus .rar files.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's actually smart, the site owner (may have) intentionally entered certain keywords on an item that is widely anticipated, and hasn't yet been released. Those not in the know (e.g gullible people) will click on the link. If they site owner is out to increase site awareness they've achieved that aim. If they did this to earn more money or increase their chances of doing so "based on increased site hits) they've once again achieved their aim. If anything those who click the link are more likely to be "high".

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
It's actually smart, the site owner (may have) intentionally entered certain keywords on an item that is widely anticipated, and hasn't yet been released. Those not in the know (e.g gullible people) will click on the link. If they site owner is out to increase site awareness they've achieved that aim. If they did this to earn more money or increase their chances of doing so "based on increased site hits) they've once again achieved their aim. If anything those who click the link are more likely to be "high".

Yeah, and that crack site I showed in the first post, if you click the link it either takes you to another search engine like ask.com or refreshes google (The URL is not of another site, either). I don't know how it got that crack description, but it surely wasn't a webpage out to get hits.

EDIT: I clicked more than once just to make sure I was really clicking it... Click 1: refresh. Click 2: refresh. Click 3: takes to a white page with popups. Click 4: Refresh, then redirect to ask.com.
And probably not in that order.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Flammentod said: