soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have recently updated to 4.0 using the wanin 4.0 updater
i installed the ios60 patch
first when i installed preloader i used the additional hacks and enabled everything
then i went and installed the corps and ios60bf wad and gave memory corruption
so i held the reset and reinstalled preloader .29 but everything was enabled already
so i put a pal version game in the wii and nothing loads in the disk channel even tried a ntsc version and nothing
i also tried the 1.4 sd usb loader and tried a pal game and it came up black and white

so my question is
what did i do wrong with preloader and cioscorps to make nothing region free?
why cant i play copied games in the disk channel I installed all the corps Version2 with 60bf wad?

any help would be great thanx

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall the system menu 4.0 wad for your region. Once done use any of the tools out there to return to 3.2. (don't worry you will go back to 4.0 soon.) Now use Wninkoko's firmware updater 4.0 to get to 4.0. Install preloader .29. That will fix it. Now install all of the CIOSCorp pack except the CIOS60BF. If you install the Corp version of the IOS 60 it will cause the system to crash and burn like a bad Jet engine. So instead just set Preloader to load the system menu from a different IOS. This will give you backup loading through the disk channel with CIOSCorp and fix all your problems. trust me I already had to find a way to fix the same sistuation on my wii so give it a go.

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, check to make sure your preloader hacks are for 0.29 for your region and not for another region. Also check to make sure your hacks are for 0.28.

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the help i thought myself i would just have to downgrade then upgrade how i previously did

i also have the correct preloader hacks v0.29 with 417 in the ini file

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what ios did you set it too hells gaurdian?I set it to 249 and it reboots when i try to load a game i then set it to 30 and i got a brick so i set it back to 60.I havent installed cioscorp yet because of fear.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starpatch has no brick protection.Preloader is good if your a dumbass like me and many others who like to try things.If something goes wrong all you have to do is turn off your wii press reset tadaa preloader your saved!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you install cios 60 and get the System Menu corruption screen use preloader to go to the Homebrew Channel and reinstall preloader. That will patch the corruption problem and give you a fully CORP'd up sysmenu 4.0

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how will they do it in softmii 3.0.IM just kind of skeptical.I mostly want to be able to play cracked games from the sd card.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader patches the IOS60 to function on 4.0 thats why you get that error when you install preloader first then the CIOS60BF ,because than it never gets the patch it needs to work.
So the system menu corrupt is not a bug or means anything is wrong its normal it just means you need to re-install preloader so the IOS60 can get its patch, another solution would be to install the CIOS60bf first than preloader you'll never get the error that away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...