Hacking Some RedNAND questions.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to run a 5.5.1 RedNAND on a 5.5.2 console? I want to create a 5.5.1 RedNAND, and then I want to update my Wii U, then reinstall Coldboot Haxchi, so I have the option to dual-boot 5.5.2 and 5.5.1. I don't usually use RedNAND but it's nice to have the option. Also, I am planning to get a 256GB SD Card off Amazon, would it be possible to unmount, transfer and then remount the 5.5.1 RedNAND Partition from the to the 256GB SD Card?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets be honest, you just wanted to point out that Rednand is useless nowadays, that was the purpose behind your question.
The primary purpose of my question was to potentially save OP some time and effort. I don't want him to unnecessarily complicate the process. My secondary purpose was a genuine curiosity.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The primary purpose of my question was to potentially save OP some time and effort. I don't want him to unnecessarily complicate the process. My secondary purpose was a genuine curiosity.
Nah, the OP was pretty specific in his question and godreborn answered it correctly there's no need to jump in and give him feedback about renand's usefulness, he didn't ask for it
I can't be certain but I think the op may need to unlink the NANDs before attempting to update redNAND.
He doesn't want to update rednand, he wants to create a 5.5.1 rednand and then update his WiiU to 5.5.2 which is possible because I've done it before. What I differ is that he wants to buy a 256GB card for this. If he wants to hear my opinion as to why I think its a bad choice I can answer him, if not he is entitled to do as he pleases. (see @Lacius I can't go ahead and explain my reasons if he isn't asking about it first).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, the OP was pretty specific in his question and godreborn answered it correctly there's no need to jump in and give him feedback about renand's usefulness, he didn't ask for it.
First, there's nothing wrong with unsolicited good advice. It could have hypothetically saved him quite a lot of grief.
Second, I asked a question with a genuine curiosity.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM