Hacking Some questions

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the xml file I'm referring to is for if a psarc file has been decompiled. it sounds like you may have another problem.

ps3 iso rebuilder is one way to check the integrity of the files. it works with jb or iso.

It's so confusing.

EDIT: I downloaded other versions of these games and even though they share the same game ID, they're bigger in size but they work fine with IRISMAN. I don't recall if PSARC files were split after using PS3 ISO TOOLS to convert them to ISO but honestly I don't care since the games are working now. The other versions were probably bad dumps.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ISO has about 99% compatibility. some games have issues if just in jb format. you can tell which files are missing by looking at the ird. if you have any psarc files that have been extracted, there will be a folder in there named after the psarc.

Are RAP files downloaded from PSN (along with PKG's)?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a rif file and a rif key, the rap is a file format that's been converted from the rif key to a rap one. it contains no person information unlike a rif file, and it's not the actual key or license for the content either. there are no links to rap files. all you need to build one is a hex editor. they're all 16 bytes, so just lump the key on the first line, then name it after the content id. that's all a rap file is. simple.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there's a rif file and a rif key, the rap is a file format that's been converted from the rif key to a rap one. it contains no person information unlike a rif file, and it's not the actual key or license for the content either. there are no links to rap files. all you need to build one is a hex editor. they're all 16 bytes, so just lump the key on the first line, then name it after the content id. that's all a rap file is. simple.

If the RIF key isn't the actual key then why is it called RIF key in the first place?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rif keys are the actual key. no, all you need to build a rap file is the rap key (16 bytes), and the content id. that's it. you're making this much more difficult than it needs to be or you're confusing yourself.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
rif keys are the actual key. no, all you need to build a rap file is the rap key (16 bytes), and the content id. that's it. you're making this much more difficult than it needs to be or you're confusing yourself.

This is very hard for me to understand. You mean, the RIF key? I thought PSNDL's and NPS' RAP links were official like the PKG ones.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're not. they just need the rap key and the content id to build a rap file. I could build a rap file with that information. that's why some people spell it out, so you never have to worry about it being taken down.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they're not. they just need the rap key and the content id to build a rap file. I could build a rap file with that information. that's why some people spell it out, so you never have to worry about it being taken down.

So, are RIF and RAP keys different things? Are those downloadable RAP files from certain users and not official?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rif keys are copyright'd, but raps are not, I don't think. they use an algorthm to turn one into the other. you can see the rif key from a rap key with ps3tools from aldolstools. don't hate me temp, but I must explain:

1660161050668.png

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
rif keys are copyright'd, but raps are not, I don't think. they use an algorthm to turn one into the other. you can see the rif key from a rap key with ps3tools from aldolstools. don't hate me temp, but I must explain:

View attachment 322151

I recall seeing that.

It's so confusing. So, does the RAP file include a RAP key and was it converted from a RIF key and can it be converted to one? What about the RIF file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-