Some questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Windows_10_User, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows_10_User
    OP

Windows_10_User GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I'm on Rebug 4.84.2.

How can I preserve the PSN trophies after swapping the internal HDD?

Why do some trophies pop out when not signed into my PSN account and why do some of them do it more than 1 time?

Also, I deleted some backup games and a PSN one from the trophies' section using a debug setting after pressing the triangle button and after syncing the trophies the mentioned PSN game returns unlike the rest. Why does this happen?

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Anyone?

3. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    You should not really be using PSN when on rebug anyways.
    Enjoy your ban...?

4. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I'm not banned and I rarely use PSN.

5. Panzer_Baboon

Panzer_Baboon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I've read messing with trophies is the worst thing you can do. I probably wouldn't connect to PSN again if I were you.

MrCokeacola likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    unlocking trophies might be safe. I've never really heard of anyone being banned for it.

Windows_10_User likes this.
  7. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    You're probably overreacting.

I didn't even remember that but if I unlock them with a debug setting and sync afterwards will I still have them or they'll be gone?

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that I'm not sure. I know you can unlock trophies pretty easily with the ps3, and it's even easier on the vita. in either case, I've never heard of someone being banned for doing that. originally, you could use f*ckpsn to sign in to psn with all 0s as your idps: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Console_ID
    suffice it to say, sony was completely unprepared for any hack, and they seem to be making the same mistake with the vita.

9. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    What more can/could that f*ckpsn do? It's not used anymore?

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's been patched. I had never used it, since I don't care about psn.

11. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I read about some old (I think) tool that let users download PSN content for free. What was its name and has it been patched?

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes, there are several tools and websites for that, but I think it would be against the rules to mention them. all I can say is never rely on "fixes." they're unneeded and you won't be able to update unless the update is fixed too.

13. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I know this is OT but do you have a weird bug I do on multiMAN when you go to the retro tab after adding new PS1 games it (multiMAN) redirects it to the XMB (I don't have this problem when running multiMAN for the second time)? It's annoying.

Can I have FMV "hiccups" and audio and framerate slowdown issues if I play NTSC PS1 games on my PAL PS3?

It looks like some PS3 games have black screen problems after converting to ISO (with PS3 ISO TOOLS's 4.76 FW setting checked). I tried God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us and Uncharted 3: Drake's Fortune GOTY and they didn't work.

Also, it looks like a lot of people are having black screen problems when playing Persona 5 (never played it). Are there games which demand more than 4.76 FW (because they were released after that, I suppose) so PS3 ISO TOOLS can't make them work?

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Nov 21, 2019
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure about those problems. I've never heard of them. however, if you're getting a black screen, compare the iso to its ird. I had to rebuild the last of us, because most rips had pak23.psarc unpacked. I merged together three different dumps. now, everything checks out and works.

15. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I have some games (on ISO file) running from an external HDD which take a lot of time to install their game data. Would they be faster if they were transferred to the PS3's HDD and if so, should I do it just for installing the game data and afterwards delete them from there and run them from the external HDD or since I'm wirelessly (I don't have an ethernet cable) FTPing it wouldn't pay off?

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure if that will be any faster. however, installing a pkg directly to the external hdd is extremely slow. if it's an iso on an ntfs drive, I don't really know. I'm currently only using my internal hdd myself.

17. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    You mean, from the external HDD to the internal HDD? I've tried installing big PKG files from the external HDD and it's very slow so it may pay off transferring them to the PS3's HDD and afterwards installing them instead of the former.

Sorry, but before you mentioned unpacked pak23.psarc. Maybe I have some big files inside of the USRDIR folder which are split and they shouldn't have to be in order not to have black screens. If so, how can I join them and why are they split in the first place?

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that's installing directly to the external hdd, but doing that requires the drive to be in fat32 format. I don't think that's what you meant. sorry to have confused you.

yes, psarc files are almost like an exe or a zipped archive, so you can extract them. one of the files in the pak23.psarc may be missing. I think that's the reason that rip exists. you can't rejoin them without the xml. that's actually the problem I had, so I had to find a version with that file intact. check if you have a pak23 folder in the dump.

19. Windows_10_User
    OP

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Maybe I should check if I have split files even on games which I don't have black screen problems with. The problem is that the file may be split but I don't know since the names may be a little different (instead of "part 1", "part 2", or something like that, I mean). Well, maybe it's PS3 ISO TOOLS itself that is screwing up the games by spliting those big files (assuming it does that, which I think it does, even if I choose NTFS directory when creating a new ISO, which is weird, I guess).

I don't use games on JB format but is the multiMAN's game permissions setting deprecated/outdated and so it isn't needed at all for JB games or if it's needed converting them to ISO would fix the problem anyway?

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    ISO has about 99% compatibility. some games have issues if just in jb format. you can tell which files are missing by looking at the ird. if you have any psarc files that have been extracted, there will be a folder in there named after the psarc.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted