Hacking Some questions

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't access the HDD (although I don't have one so that might have to do with it) and the CD/DVD content too, just the USB and MC one. Anyway, I just asked for curiosity and I use FTP to transfer apps to the MC.

I was talking about the PS2 and I've read the term "internal memory" referring to internal storage, I think. I don't know the right term. Shouldn't internal storage refer to the PS2 Fat's HDD? The term is misleading.
- start ulaunch.elf on your console
- press circle to enter the filebrowser
- select misc and then PS2NET

if it’s just about copying games to the hdd I would recommend oplbatch:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opl-batch-finalizing-the-installation-of-a-ps2-hdd.556480/

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
- start ulaunch.elf on your console
- press circle to enter the filebrowser
- select misc and then PS2NET

if it’s just about copying games to the hdd I would recommend oplbatch:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opl-batch-finalizing-the-installation-of-a-ps2-hdd.556480/

That's precisely what I did and only the content of FAT32 USB devices and MCs appear in FileZilla Client. Could you answer my doubt regarding "internal memory" terminology? I edited the last reply.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, but what about other locations, like the CD/DVD content, NTFS USB, the flash memory (or whatever PS2's memory is)? If I had i.LINK, would it show up?
If I remember correctly then you can view CD/DVD content in ulaunch.
NTFS and access to the FLASH via ulaunch are not possible to my knowledge.(the latter is also rather unnecessary for a normal user)

I would advise you to just look around on: https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

From what I’ve seen so far, it seems like you’re just making it too hard for yourself......

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't access the HDD (although I don't have one so that might have to do with it) and the CD/DVD content too, just the USB and MC one. Anyway, I just asked for curiosity and I use FTP to transfer apps to the MC.

I was talking about the PS2.

I've read the term "internal memory" (at least in other occasions) referring to flash memory (or another type of "internal memory" I guess), I think. I don't know the right term. In this case, shouldn't internal storage refer to the PS2 Fat's HDD? The term is misleading.
not sure. I use the mx2sio with mine. I also have a working laser, so I sometimes use discs. I don't play the system very often though.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I remember correctly then you can view CD/DVD content in ulaunch.
NTFS and access to the FLASH via ulaunch are not possible to my knowledge.(the latter is also rather unnecessary for a normal user)

I would advise you to just look around on: https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

From what I’ve seen so far, it seems like you’re just making it too hard for yourself......

I tried accessing the CD/DVD in FileZilla Client using wLE but I couldn't.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried accessing the CD/DVD in FileZilla using wLE and I couldn't.

Anyway, how can one refer to the Flash if internal memory isn't the right term?
Why do you want to access the CD/DVD via Filezilla?
if you ask me this is quite unnecessary. . . . . . . after all you can dump PS2 Games also easily on the PC.

It would be useful if you explain to us what you actually want to do with it.:unsure:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually need to see if my lan cable is working with my ps2. I just assumed it was based on what happened with opl. there's a way to modify it (i.e. give it an ip address) in ulaunch? I need to do that, then try to establish a connection. where is it in ulaunch?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why do you want to access the CD/DVD via Filezilla?
if you ask me this is quite unnecessary. . . . . . . after all you can dump PS2 Games also easily on the PC.

It would be useful if you explain to us what you actually want to do with it.:unsure:

I'm just curious about which partitions can be accessed, that's all.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious about which directories one can access, that's all.
I think I saw where you might enable hdd via ftp in ulaunch. I think it was under startup settings. I changed the confirm button to x in there. enable the hdd setting, then restart the system, go back in, then check if the internal hdd is detected via ftp. I don't know if this will work or not.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think I saw where you might enable hdd via ftp in ulaunch. I think it was under startup settings. I changed the confirm button to x in there. enable the hdd setting, then restart the system, go back in, then check if the internal hdd is detected via ftp. I don't know if this will work or not.

I don't have a HDD to test and my PS2 is Slim.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mass is what an external hdd would be tied to. there also seems to be an hdd manager under misc. whatever that does. I have it perfectly set up for me now. I cleared the circle for fire browser, so now it's x, and confirm is x as well. :D

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
mass is what an external hdd would be tied to. there also seems to be an hdd manager under misc. whatever that does. I have it perfectly set up for me now. I cleared the circle for fire browser, so now it's x, and confirm is x as well. :D

Weren't you talking about the internal HDD? I can access FAT32 USB devices.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a new ulaunch, sorta new anyway, that's either compatible with ntfs or exfat. otherwise, just split the iso's on fat32. it shouldn't affect the game. also, I was able to get into ulaunch with a disc inside. I enabled ftp. it still only showed mass and mc, so I don't think it's possible.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there's a new ulaunch, sorta new anyway, that's either compatible with ntfs or exfat. otherwise, just split the iso's on fat32. it shouldn't affect the game. also, I was able to get into ulaunch with a disc inside. I enabled ftp. it still only showed mass and mc, so I don't think it's possible.

I thought wLE was more recent than uLE.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's all the same. Wlaunchelf just means that it's an unofficial version of the unofficial version, hence "double-unofficial" Launchelf.

https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1895

https://github.com/ps2homebrew/wLaunchELF

Do you know if those cooling fans for the PSs are actually worth anything? Do they decrease the temperatures and noise efficiently?

What does "delid" mean? I've read some users were forced to do that on the PS3 because even after cleaning it and applying new thermal paste, the console was still hot. My PS3 Slim is almost always over 70° after playing a game.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if those cooling fans for the PSs are actually worth something? Do they decrease the temperatures and noise efficiently?
Do you mean external fan attachments? I do not recommend them, as they mask underlying issues, such as dry thermal paste. The PS2 doesn't get very hot, so I do recommend the Noctua fan replacement to lower the dB level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Beyblade let it rip haha.