Hacking Some questions on the Supercard Mini SD for the GBA

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I'm seriously considering buying a Supercard Mini SD (Not expensive, 24 dollars), but I have heard mixed things about the compatibility of it. I'm mainly interested in games like Mother 3 (I've seen people say it runs "pretty good", but no more details), Megaman & Bass and other GBA titles that aren't extremely easy to find in my country. I just want some more notes on this flash cart, and perhaps some more detailed explanation of how Mother 3 (fan translation) works on the SC Mini SD.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Supercard Mini SD.
Many games suffer from slowdowns, but it depends by the game itself. Final Fantasy I is ok to play, Super Mario World GBA is unplayable. I tried a few HBs and they run ok. If I remember correctly, Mother 3 runs fine. Expect some rare slowdown, but nothing awful. I don't know about the Megaman games, but all the 2D games I tried run fine except SMW.
You need to remember that, once you save the game, you will need to "tell" your flashcard about it, by pressing L+R+SELECT+A and save. Or you could use the savestates by pressing L+R+SELECT+B. I can try the few games I have, if you want to know. The only games I'm 100% sure they won't run are the NES Classics.

Tokopimv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most games work fine, although there's a little slowdown at some of them. I haven't played Mother 3 yet, but i wouldn't be too worried. My card is however not compatible with my original GBA, which is probably caused by the limited battery power, so you might want to keep that in mind, although i haven't seen anyone else with the same problem yet.

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Sounds pretty fine, I'm getting it only for the games that I can't manage to buy myself. Also, how does Pokemon Emerald or FireRed/LeafGreen run on it? It's not a rare game but I've been searching for more than a year for an English copy of it here and still no success, so if it's well enough I'll just play it on the SC.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds pretty fine, I'm getting it only for the games that I can't manage to buy myself. Also, how does Pokemon Emerald or FireRed/LeafGreen run on it? It's not a rare game but I've been searching for more than a year for an English copy of it here and still no success, so if it's well enough I'll just play it on the SC.
They work fine, but I can't remember if you need a patch for the internal clock or not :/

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games work fine, although there's a little slowdown at some of them. I haven't played Mother 3 yet, but i wouldn't be too worried. My card is however not compatible with my original GBA, which is probably caused by the limited battery power, so you might want to keep that in mind, although i haven't seen anyone else with the same problem yet.
I have had this problem. It works fine in my SP but not on original GBAs; I tried cleaning the living crap out of the contacts on the card and system but the card either just doesn't boot past the Nintendo logo or when it does games crash either soon after loading or once loaded have some bad texture tearing.

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, I have an almost brand new GBA SP, another one, and a classic one. I just bought it and I don't think I'll regret it. Of course, I'd totally have the EZ IV over this, but it was a pain to find this one here, so I don't think I would ever be able to find an EZ inside of my country.

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
One last question, how does Sword of Mana run on it? I'm especially interested in that game and I still couldn't find it here. I'm about two days away from my Supercard, but perhaps someone has tried that game on the SC Mini SD already.

Iwatofujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
Now that you've got your supercard for about four years, can I ask you how do the games you've mentionned works ?
Rythm tengoku, mother 3, sword of mana and stuff
I'm also waiting for mine to come but I can't patch rythm tengoku with the supercard software

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.