Hacking some questions on softmii

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i just have some questions, i am going to start using softmii to play games through the disc channel i am on 3.2 E

1. Do i have to install everything in the softmii pack? or can i choose?

2. I have starfall installed i was wondering because preloader has some of the same hacks e.g region free wii games and so on does it matter if i have the hacks installed on both programs?

3. does softmii play gamecube games in the disc channel or will i still have to use the Gamecube Launcher?

4. Do i just install cios corp over the other cios for the backup launcher?

thanks

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These questions have been answered over time in the forum...
However not all in one place and not as specific as you so I have no problem answering them for ya...

Q1. Do i have to install everything in the softmii pack? or can i choose?
QA: Yes and no.. you have to install everything but the SoftMii Tweaks and the 0000000045.app -pal
(you dont have to install preloader if you dont want but i would!)

Q2. I have starfall installed i was wondering because preloader has some of the same hacks e.g region free wii games and so on does it matter if i have the hacks installed on both programs?

QA: Yes! Remove Starfall and all of it's hacks first before installing preloader...
Also just so you know... Preloader does have the hacks like starfall all except for the press y whilst booting up on the gc controller... that is patched into the system by selecting yes to the starfall like hacks in AnyRegion Changer 1.1bM5 available in the pack....

Q3. does softmii play gamecube games in the disc channel or will i still have to use the Gamecube Launcher?

QA: no it does not GameCube Launcher is still required!

Q4. Do i just install cios corp over the other cios for the backup launcher?

QA: cIOS CORP installs over all of your standard IOS's making them all cIOS's....
You still need cIOS249 aka the cios that came with the wii backup launcher installed...

I hope this helped you out...
-kitt050383

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb