Hacking some question about savlib and ysmenu with r4sdhc

nek007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so after i spend like a day finally my ysmenu work on my r4sdhc,something funny i notice is that some games like pokemon platinum required the latest savlib right?well i checked inside my ttmenu and other folder inside my sd card,and i didnt find any savlib yet my game works perfectly fine,i can save and load it up after i switch my nds off,gta chinatown wars (clean) works too without the bypass cheats ,i check the sav file size for both games,both are just 512 kb

so am i missing something?well my game works fine and i dont have any problem,i just want to know though,to learn more about this kinda thing,so anyone knows why?i cant seem to find any topc related to this,cant find anything through google too

im not sure this kind of topic is allowed in gtatemp or not,im sorry if i break the rules or something

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a problem. I know for sure that the Pokemon games are supposed to have 512kb saves (courtesy of Chase-san who has constantly pounded on that fact). I believe the savlib is for the type of save file (EEPROM, Flash, and all of those other ones in No$GBA), though I've never actually went and looked it up.
In any case, your save files are fine and there isn't anything strange about them.

nek007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmm i just testing another method,which i insert savlib into my sdhc,the pokemon filesize had changed to 1mb and chinatown still remain the same(weird)
and both still working fine,thats weird lol,havent try to load my previous 512kb with this savlib,but i doubt it'll work anyway,still cant figure it out why i am able to play the game with both save file size lol

EDIT: oh i actually can still load my 512 kb platinum with my latest savlib inside the library,kinda weird ( i thought it should be corrupted),i overwrited the save file and it still appears as a 512 kb,but after i delete the sav file and create a new one,the new one appears as a 1 mb save file,really weird , its like both of the save file are "seperated",but i guess i'll use my ysmenu with the savlib, in case future games may need the savlib so i dont need to switch 2 different flash carts

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nek007 said:
EDIT: oh i actually can still load my 512 kb platinum with my latest savlib inside the library,kinda weird ( i thought it should be corrupted),i overwrited the save file and it still appears as a 512 kb
Watch out.

After writing the file is still 512 kb in the directory information but 1 Mb is actually written. So the 512 kb extra data is now written to "somewhere" outside the space allocated for the file. If you are lucky this 512 kb was not allocated but otherwise it overwrote another file or files. Sooner or later you will get in trouble.

The way it was was okay, 512 kb save file while the program would also create a new 512 kb file. With savelib is also okay if your save file is 1 Mb and the program would also create a new 1 Mb file. This will waste 512 kb but will not lead to problems.

But not good is a 512 kb file while the program would create a new 1 Mb file. In that case during save 1 Mb will be written, 512 kB to the file and 512 kB outside the file. There are technical reasons while even this will work for a while, but sooner or later data or the file system will become corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1