Some question about an originally Korean Wii (4.3U)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Corredor, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Corredor
    OP

Corredor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Brazil
    First of all, sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

I have a Wii running System Menu 4.3U. I have checked some information about it through sysCheck v.2.1.0 HD Edition report. It was originally a Korean Wii: "Region: NTSC-U (original region: KOR)".

I'd like to update the Homebrew Channel to version 1.1.2 (currently, it's 1.1.0) and to install both cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta53-alt and cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52, but I don't know if it's safe because there is already a cIOS in slot 250 and I don't know what was installed.

Wii Shop Channel version is 20 and it doesn't work: always report error 209600. Can I install a Wii Shop Channel version 21 (using YAWMM)? Will it work?

Final question: if I click on update button (after testing connection, for example) for some reason (it's just a hypothesis, I'd never do that), will my wii be bricked (003 error)? It's already on 4.3U, so is there any risk to be wrongly updated to System Menu 4.2?

Here is my sysCheck v.2.1.0 HD Edition report:

sysCheck report

Thank you so much! I'd appreciate some additional advices to prevent bricking.

Last edited by Corredor, Sep 16, 2016
  2. Corredor
    OP

Corredor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Brazil
    After reading a lot about how LetterBomb, Priiloader, IOS and cIOS work, I have decided that everthing was safe. First, I have updated the Homebrew Channel and then I have installed Priiloader 0.8.1. I have accessed Priiloader by holding reset button while booting and I have blocked updates online and by disc. So, I installedcIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta53-alt, cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52 and Hermes cIOS version 5. Finally, I installed Wii Shop Channel using MMM. Everthing is working now and I think I have a safe ex-Korean Wii.

3. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Meep..
    I'd pay a lot of money for a Korean Wi that works; I have one but it's Error 003'ed and I dont have the effort to fix it.
    @Corredor would you consider selling it? c:

4. Corredor
    OP

Corredor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Brazil
    @PokeAcer, I live in Brazil, so I don't how could I sell and send it for you.

Last edited by Corredor, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    His Wii is converted to USA

6. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    I send you the money and your post office could send it me :P

I can convert it back to Korean; I can read ;)

Procyon likes this.