Some PS2 Questions

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009

Some PS2 Questions by Rock Raiyu at 9:18 AM (578 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    So yeah, I haven't played my PS2 in a while so I thought I'd go "buy" some PS2 games. Mainly Shin Megami Tensei: Persona games. I'm going to get Persona 4 without a doubt but I have a few questions about Persona 3.

What exactly is Persona 3 FES? Is it Persona 3 with added features? or is it a different game?
    -If its just added features, do I need the original Persona 3 game?
    -If its a different game, do I need both?
    Anything else I should know?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Persona 3:FES is an "expansion pack" of the original Persona 3. It doesn't require the original copy of Persona to run it, so just buy the FES, and you don't need to worry about it. Anyways, the differences of Persona 3 and FES, is that FES adds in more personas, and made a few tweaks to the gameplay. And not to mention, it comes with a sequel, named "The Answer".

What I'd recommend is to play Persona 3:FES first, since it gives you a basic idea of how Persona 4 will play, as they're almost the same thing, besides a lot of tweaks and improvements. If you play Persona 4 and enjoy it, most likely, you'll try to play Persona 3:FES. Then, you might easily notice the differences in battles, and of course, the main cast. BUT, P3FES will last you about 70 hours at LEAST, if you try to beat the entire game, while Persona 4, took 54 hours for me to beat the true final boss. Still, I'd say it's a better idea to try out P3FES first, then P4.

I prefer Persona 4, but it's really a preference.

3. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Ok great thanks Tropicana for the help.

4. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Persona 4 is one of the best RPG's ever in my opinion. It is absolutely fantastic!

Persona 3 was great too, although I never saw that through to the end (didn't get a chance to play it for a while, and then when I came back to it, I couldn't remember most of the plot!)

I actually have a copy of FES that I still haven't gotten round to playing yet, I must do at some point.