Hacking some new wiis unsoftmoddable with conventional methods?I think so.

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know from personal experience that some of the wiis beginning with LU64 will not mod with any method I have tried and I have tried many.I had 6 of these wiis fail on me in a span of 2 days.By the way went to Wal-mart today and I told them to let me check the serials on the boxes before I bought them (with the excuse that I heard the dvd drives were bad) and I settled with LU38 and the mod worked flawlessly on the 2 that I bought with the exact same method I tried on all 6 of the LU64 models. I have seen many more people coming forward with this same issue and it is a fact that some of these wiis have a different file structure than the others. Install ios16 with Wad manager 1.3 and then use customer wad manager to install ciosfix and you will see what happens on these things. After this nothing works right, WD 1.3 will not load (black screen), anyregionchanger loads but gives 3 errors at beginning and gives more errors after it downloads files,cios downgrader 1.1 and 1.0 will not load(black screen),ios downgrader will not load (black screen again).Tried to use nandumper to see what was going on and some other package (cant remember) and would not load a single file.I even tried to load them manually offline (one wad at a time) and no files would load at all lol. I mean it is crazy because nothing works on these things. I created this post to compare notes with others who have had the same problem and maybe we could all find a fix for this mess. So if you are having this problem or have a opssible solution please post it here. Thanx.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's deja vu all over again.
tongue.gif

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah lol... hope this one turns out better than the other one haha. I would like to get to the bottom of it because it is aggravating the crap out of me.Sorry if its getting old to some but I dont like to give up as you can tell lol.

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
bubsexton said:
I would like to get to the bottom of it because it is aggravating the crap out of me.
What do you think posting on here is gonna do about it? It's gonna need a hell of a lot of work by a lot of smart people who have a lot of experience...

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are right inferno but maybe some of those guys might see this and are making some progress and with all you others, heck it just might get resolved. Its worth one more shot as long I think and if anything I can push the issue to people who havent seen any of the other posts yet.
yaypsp.gif
Oh yeah ...my brother bought one of the LU64 today and same problem and he could not get it either lol . Its crazy man.

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please post a link to a file dumper they think might work with this system. I have already tried nandumper and could not get it to work at all. This would help me post all files installed on this wii to give everyone a clear picture of what may be going on. thanks

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting multiple threads about the same topic will not help you. Monitor the forum and when other people start having the same issues, people wil start to figure out ways to fix it.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ bubsexton. Just be patient. Even with the system menu updates, it takes awhile to find a workaround. Let some of the big time devs get their hands on a new wii and see what they can come up with. Nintendo can plug the holes we have made bigger, but there are still many other flaws with their code that can be manipulated. You can not rush perfection!
laugh.gif

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I believe I need to calm down a little maybe lol. I was off work tonight and fooling around with this thing and I thought maybe some of these guys have found something but its only been a day
rolleyes.gif
haha. Guess that sure isnt giving them enough time. I'm confident in them because as always , nothing is unhackable and this maybe something simple I dont know. But i hope.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true. Think of the wii as the Hoover dam with alot of leaks, Nintendo applied a bandaid the the big leaks on the new wiis. But with the same system menu (3.5), it is only a matter of time until the floodgates open again. I may be wrong, and they found a permanent solution, but the way all of their efforts have gone so far, patience is key to these dilemas. I am out it is late and I am drunk!
grog.gif

EDIT: 3.4 everywhere but korea. Sorry been away from this scene for a couple of moths now.

@ bubsexton: So what system menu are these new Wiis on that are , so far, not moddable?

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA I been drinking a few buds tonight myself man! Probably running 3.4v2 or something along those lines. But havent released anything on the subject. And I thought Nintendo had to release it publicly when a new update was to be installed on the system.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
bubsexton you are a retard. You are only panicking because your lame gay ass cant make any money modding the new wiis anymore. You said in yesterdays post that you "make a lot of money" modding wiis. Then when you cant do it anymore you come to a forum and beg and double post for help. You get lamer every day. Someone ban this loser already.

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres another computer geek/nerd like in last nights post. Yep I'm going to bed anyway. Hope you get a life someday there buddy and get you some friends. I was just waiting for your type to show up haha. They let to many kids in these posts and need to start ID everyone looks like. Hope that depression and anger lets you make it another couple years there guy lol. Later on peeps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.