Hardware Some Local multiplayer questions - playing with 2 joycons problems

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first problem consist of my kart at mario kart 8 always have an offset in my control. Sometimes it is to the right sometimes to the left.
Making driving straight really tricky. It's like an analogue stick is constantly being pressed a certain side. so if I press gas it would go the left or right without me choosing any direction!

Second problem is getting the 2nd player recognised in super smash ultimate. I press L+R like on the screen on the 2nd joycon but nothing happens!
I tried it a 100 times.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first problem consist of my kart at mario kart 8 always have an offset in my control. Sometimes it is to the right sometimes to the left.
Making driving straight really tricky. It's like an analogue stick is constantly being pressed a certain side
system settings > controllers and sensors > calibrate control sticks
Second problem is getting the 2nd player recognised in super smash ultimate. I press L+R like on the screen on the 2nd joycon but nothing happens!
I tried it a 100 times.
hate to sound ignorant but you did pair the joycons correct? . . . try pressing the shoulders with the joycons connected to the console

sidenote . . . the title says "questions" but you never asked a single one :rolleyes:

Last edited by wormdood,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
system settings > controllers and sensors > calibrate control sticks
hate to sound ignorant but you did pair the joycons correct? . . . try pressing the shoulders with the joycons connected to the console

sidenote . . . the title says "questions" but you never asked a single one :rolleyes:
Well I shoudlve said, anyone know what is going on or something :P i left that out ye haha

Thanks for your reply! Thnx the calibrating hope it will fix it. Strange you have to do it though..

As for the 2nd problem. The screen clearly says press L+R to join. Which are the "little buttons" when you take off the joycons and give one to your friend.
So I press the "little buttons" but nothing keeps happening no matter what.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply! Thnx the calibrating hope it will fix it. Strange you have to do it though..
honestly its strange that other consoles dont allow this . . . its not as if a PlayStation (or xbox) does it automatically instead your controller is just trash if the sticks drift
As for the 2nd problem. The screen clearly says press L+R to join. Which are the "little buttons" when you take off the joycons and give one to your friend.
So I press the "little buttons" but nothing keeps happening no matter what.
i used the second set of shoulders with no problem . . . regardless have you paired the joycon properly first? . . . system menu > controllers > paring new controllers . . . can you use them with other games?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
honestly its strange that other consoles dont allow this . . . its not as if a PlayStation (or xbox) does it automatically instead your controller is just trash if the sticks drift
i used the second set of shoulders with no problem . . . regardless have you paired the joycon properly first? . . . system menu > controllers > paring new controllers . . . can you use them with other games?
Uhh do you need to pair them whut?
I play Mario kart 8 fine with them. it is recognising controller right away so I dont see why I should pair for smash bros..??

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh do you need to pair them whut?
I play Mario kart 8 fine with them. it is recognising controller right away so I dont see why I should pair for smash bros..??
thats the way you are supposed to pair a set of joycons . . . so it works fine with mk8 . . . do you have some form of cfw installed on your switch?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Making driving straight really tricky. It's like an analogue stick is constantly being pressed a certain side. so if I press gas it would go the left or right without me choosing any direction!

I tried it a 100 times.
Ok so for your first problem that used to happen to me all the time in multiple games and strangely enough the problem only happened if my Android phone had Bluetooth switched on and was near to the joycons. Switching Bluetooth off on my phone obviously fixes this issue lol xx

Reactions: wormdood

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thats the way you are supposed to pair a set of joycons . . . so it works fine with mk8 . . . do you have some form of cfw installed on your switch?
You are suppose to pair a set of joycons if you ever connect them to another switch right?
If they are just on your switch you still need to pair them? eh?

Yes in MK 8 it worked straight.. without pairing.

I use SX OS.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So anyone know how to make super smash bros work with 2 player?

And I just tested Mario Kart 8 with my nephew. I never noticed it but it seems there isn't just some offset on the analogue stick.
In actuallity it's driving on its OWN. I found out. How weird that make seem.
It's completing laps and driving reasonably well on ITS OWN.

I just cant believe it.. It's not using items though.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And I just tested Mario Kart 8 with my nephew. I never noticed it but it seems there isn't just some offset on the analogue stick.

You have smart steering enabled to disable it pause the game at any point mid-race. A menu will pop up that shows the controls, as well as a set of extra features that can be enabled or disabled. Smart steering is the one on the far left,

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have smart steering enabled to disable it pause the game at any point mid-race. A menu will pop up that shows the controls, as well as a set of extra features that can be enabled or disabled. Smart steering is the one on the far left,
0_o Really? thats a function? Im gonna try it right away.
Strange that is on by default. Actually making my steering worse.

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

There is a smart steering and a auto acceleration option in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you can turn those of if you want to. If you want to play smash you need to pair each joycon as its own controller on the home menu.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a smart steering and a auto acceleration option in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you can turn those of if you want to. If you want to play smash you need to pair each joycon as its own controller on the home menu.
I found it. there is one for "accelerating" and one for auto driving. I turned it off and my nephew got mad because suddenly it got harder for him and I said no you can't turn it on anymore. ( really bad to teach it children wrongly)
(hes used to mario kart 7 3ds though)

REALLY nintendo what were you thinking be enabling this by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google