Homebrew Some kind of Cartridge emulator?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt express myself very well. I have all 3ds games I need already installed with the .cia files. I really just need a way (other than TWLoader) to play my favorite nds games
then you should get the ak2i. or the r4 gold. but only get them from the gbatemp sponsored seller. (other sellers sometimes booby-trap them. they expire after a certain amount of time.)

Last edited by HamBone41801,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I didnt express myself very well. I have all 3ds games I need already installed with the .cia files. I really just need a way (other than TWLoader) to play my favorite nds games
Ok. For that you are going to need a flashcart. The only other way is an emulator that sucks.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, you can't help me for trying to be helpful.

I was speaking about 3DS "ROMS". They are the .3ds files, or .cxi. One or the other. Now, the CIA is an archive. It is different from a ROM. So if he has ROMs, he doesn't have the CIA.
I've never actually come across a .cxi. what games use that format?

XayahProdigy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are those 2 Flashcards hard to set up or is it as easy as downloading files and following a guide?
Do they work on the latest version of Luma CFW?
I really appreciate your help x)
And another question ...
Why the heck do I have to wait like 300 seconds before I can reply to anyone? :rofl:

Last edited by XayahProdigy,
D

Deleted User

Are those 2 Flashcards hard to set up or is it as easy as downloading files and following a guide?
And another question ...
Why the heck do I have to wait like 300 seconds before I can reply to anyone? :rofl:
Because your new here. It is to prevent bot spam.

Also, they all work on latest Luma, and GBAtemp has a guide for the AK2i's alternate firmware AKAIO.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And another question ...
as a matter of fact, I followed this same guide to install akaio to mine

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is/will ever be a Software that lets the 3DS think that I inserted a Cartridge into the Console and allows me to play any Rom I have downloaded ( I was thinking about both .3ds and .nds).
I didnt express myself very well. I have all 3ds games I need already installed with the .cia files. I really just need a way (other than TWLoader) to play my favorite nds games. Sorry if I was misleading.
That's what TWLoader (well, actually nds-bootstrap) is. It patches the NDS ROM to use an emulated Slot-1.

There's no way in hardware to simply "redirect" Slot-1 to SD. The only solution is the patching method used by nds-bootstrap.

XayahProdigy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's what TWLoader (well, actually nds-bootstrap) is. It patches the NDS ROM to use an emulated Slot-1.

There's no way in hardware to simply "redirect" Slot-1 to SD. The only solution is the patching method used by nds-bootstrap.
Ye, I read into that. I tried multiple guides for TWLoader ... but as I said ... It doesn't work for me at all. I got the App running but even though the games I tried to play were on the list of working games, they just didnt even start up.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another question ...
I don't have any experience with r4, but ak2i is super easy, (if you can find the right files, witch is way harder than it should be. luckily, I can direct you to them easily.) also, with the ak, there is a firmware your going to want to change. it gets rid of that damn horse, and it works just fine on luma.

XayahProdigy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have any experience with r4, but ak2i is super easy, (if you can find the right files, witch is way harder than it should be. luckily, I can direct you to them easily.) also, with the ak, there is a firmware your going to want to change. it gets rid of that damn horse, and it works just fine on luma.
What do you mean with "horse"? And yeah, It would be very nice if you could direct me to all the files I need. I just read the post about AKAIO and right at the beginning I didnt know for sure what to do. If the ak2i is really that good and that easy to handle then I would consider buying it asap x)

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean with "horse"? And yeah, It would be very nice if you could direct me to all the files I need. I just read the post about AKAIO and right at the beginning I didnt know for sure what to do.
the icon that the cart uses has this horse from a crappy ubisoft game. it used to be necessary because the gamecarts used security flaws from that game to get the card to work. but, you can downgrade to an older firmware as long as you have luma. the new icon is the ak2i logo. looks real nice.

XayahProdigy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the icon that the cart uses has this horse from a crappy ubisoft game. it used to be necessary because the gamecarts used security flaws from that game to get the card to work. but, you can downgrade to an older firmware as long as you have luma. the new icon is the ak2i logo. looks real nice.
haha I dont think I will need to do that. But thanks for the offer. Do you mind helping me with the card as soon as I get it?

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah setting up any flashcard is as easy as downloading, then dragging and dropping the firmware files onto it, then just slap any game you want on there and play.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think it might have been @The Real Jdbye but don't quote me on that. I'm looking for the post now.
I did mention that AK2i was confirmed at one point, but I don't think it was in my profile, anyway I was just quoting Normmatt from IRC, and like that guy said, it wasn't the real Normmatt.
But someone on the forum mentioned that they have a test version for AK2i so it seems like a safe bet that it will be the first cart supported.

Edit: Actually, you can buy custom DS carts in bulk for about 6 dollars a piece (possibly with additional discounts for buying in bulk) on AliExpress, someone could make some extra money by getting custom ones from there with ntrboothax preflashed and selling them on here or opening up a small online store.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: XayahProdigy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already