Some help with hacking my psp3000

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by weltall_of_id, Apr 23, 2011.

Apr 23, 2011
  1. weltall_of_id
    OP

Newcomer weltall_of_id Advanced Member

Greece
    I am on 5.03 right now and I use "Everybody's Sukkiri" to start up my Hen which is 5.03 Prome-3

Well I thought of updating this since a couple of games do not play or act weirdly. I was wondering if there is any permanent hack now or still have to use hen first. My biggest problem is that one of my games flickers and acts weird while I play. Thought maybe it needs an update. The reason I start a thread asking help is that I found a lot of different updates this time and read in a forum that psp3000 can now be permanently hacked. Well I did the mistake of following a random forum's guide only once with my old Wii and its now resting in pieces.

Long story short:
    - Latest PSP3000 (with 5.03 FW) hack?
    - Easy to use like Everybody's Sukkiri
    - Any software like CWCheat that can work along?
    - Support POPs (isn't that how you call PSX games that work on PSP?)

Thank you very much [​IMG]

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    1. Upgrade to 6.20
    2. Install PRO-5 (fixed version)
    3. run homebrew, as well as games with GREAT compatability (even more so than HBL) from XMB
    4. install Perma patch (FULL CUSTOM FIRMWARE YAY)
    5.???
    6.PROFIT!!!

Just so you know, 6.20 and 6.35 are the same thing, basically, and 6.35 can't be perma-patched. Also, neither supports Pops, but they both have great (albeit not perfect, and the best you'll get on a 3000) PSX support regardless. The ONLY game (out of about 20 used on 5.50 Prome-4 in my 2000 days) I could not get working was Revelations: Persona.

6.20 OFW update

6.20 PRO-5 (fixed)

Have fun!!!

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    You have the option to test the permanent hack before you install it (in lcfc mode), so it is very safe. Just press x twice after running perm. patch to test, x then o to install. It's very nice.

4. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Ok so some questions before I do it.

- Pro5 supports pops? I use my PSP a LOT to play my psx games and I have a lot of saves. When I say pops I do not mean PSN. If I lose that I will die @.@
    - No program around like CWCheat? I would still use that but it has not been updated since 2009 so I am not sure it works ok.
    - Can you uninstall the perma patch when you want and revent yous psp back to normal just in case i want to give it for service.

Thank you Schlupi for the answer and you Snailface for the tip [​IMG]

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    You can choose whatever cheat program you like, they all work (given you download the 6.20 or higher compatible version of it). There was a Cheatpack somewhere on the web with all of them....

Like I said, PSX support is really good. if you have a 3000 it's the best you'll get anyways.

For some example titles, my custom FF 4,5,6,7,8,9, Chrono Trigger, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, PE2, Star Ocean Second Story, Metal Gear Solid, Persona 2: Innocent Sin (with ENG patch), Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and etc. eboots work perfectly (without having to reconfigure which FW PRX to load like Pops, it all just plays) without any issues.

Yes, you can revert back to OFW there is an "Uninstall" option on the PRO-5 Installer.

WARNING: For whatever reason it may ever happen, NEVER I REPEAT NEVER run any of the "Fast recovery" for the other PRO firmwares, it WILL end up in a brick. It isn't needed anymore anyways (especially with the Perma-patch) but I have had people brick their shit running, say, PRO-2 fast recovery on PRO-4.

What it used to do is allow you to boot the Light CFW without having to reinstall it. Like I said, if you go to 6.20 PRO-5 Perma, you don't need to worry about that just thought you should know what the FR does, considering there were so many questions about it when it came out.

Also FYI there IS A Recovery Menu in 6.20 PRO-5 Perma just like other CFWs.

6. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Ok backup up memory card, downloading 6.20 ofw and getting pro-b5 (hope the b does not make a different from what you said) from the thread 6.xx PRO CFW Release Thread in here.

Btw PSP Cheat Plugins for 6.20 TN is the package you mentioned? It says it contains CoderPR, MKUltra, nitePR, TempAR, DarkFrost and CWCHEAT for 6.20 TN. With that work?

And thank you for the warning!!! I personally would not use any function without first asking about it. To me recovery is a vague word and fast is not always good in my vocabulary. Anyway after frying my Wii I am extra careful with what I do.

Again thanks and sorry for asking again and again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed it and works like a charm. Thanks for everything and all the help [​IMG] Have a great day.