Hacking Some help with 2 "issues".

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
...More like help IN GENERAL though...
1st question would be: Could anybody tell me if Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero runs in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio?
Resident Evil 1 runs pillar-boxed (as it should) but I can't get Zero to do the same (even though judging by some threads online it SHOULD) Could anybody confirm this? I'm running the latest CFG loader on vWii (if it makes any difference)

Second question (or request for a tutorial perhaps) would be: How can I create an emunand and run Wiiware from CFG (is it possible on vWii?) I'm guessing neek20 is required for better compatibility..
Could anybody give me a link to a tutorial (if there's one) or step by step instructions?
(I hope there's a way cause I don't want to install wads etc to vWii)
Thanks for any help.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
USBLoaderGX r1239 has the option to run GCN and Wii games in 4:3, you can setup this option global or per game.
RE0 Wii runs natively in wide screen, not sure about the pixel aspect but it does look stretched, I'm pretty much sure Capcom just enlarged the image, but it definitively looks like the real proportion is 4:3 (just like GCN one)

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
USBLoaderGX r1239 has the option to run GCN and Wii games in 4:3, you can setup this option global or per game.

Tx.
But should the game run in 4:3? I mean, The reason I asked is because I'm trying to make sure the problem is with the game itself (bad programming) or with the loader/combination of vWii-loader/etc...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tx.
But should the game run in 4:3? I mean, The reason I asked is because I'm trying to make sure the problem is with the game itself (bad programming) or with the loader/combination of vWii-loader/etc...

It's just Capcom fault to not add a true 4:3 aspect ratio option.
As the previous info on ULGX, I was wrong, because the Wii U widescreen option is only global, not per game, I post to cyan about it, see if he can do this feature per game too.

ULGX also has an option to extract your nand and create an emuNand, from there you can install wads to the fake one, instead the real one, same as saves.

Reactions: sideskroll

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just Capcom fault to not add a true 4:3 aspect ratio option.
As the previous info on ULGX, I was wrong, because the Wii U widescreen option is only global, not per game, I post to cyan about it, see if he can do this feature per game too.

ULGX also has an option to extract your nand and create an emuNand, from there you can install wads to the fake one, instead the real one, same as saves.

Can this be done on Wii U, or only Wii? I've been trying to figure out vWii emunand for a bit now, but I dont really have the time to sit down and compile my own

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can this be done on Wii U, or only Wii? I've been trying to figure out vWii emunand for a bit now, but I dont really have the time to sit down and compile my own

You mean "extract" you don't compile NAND :P, yeah you can install wads to emunand in vWii, same as 4:3, in fact it's a Wii U feature.

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Already resolved the first part of my post (poor programming on CAPCOMS part) so there is left to do is to figure out how to play WiiWare/VC from emunand (using neek2o preferably to have the best compatibility)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi