Hacking Some help needed with emulators!

Jimf14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a question about where I can find a Super Nintendo emulator to play certain games like-
Starfox
Starfox 2
Pilotwings
F-Zero
(Basically any games that use Mode 7)

I already have an emulator on my PSP that runs most of the SNES games that don't regularly use Mode 7, but I was wondering if anybody could link me to a page here or somewhere else that could run Mode 7 games optimally.

If you are wondering, I have a PSP Slim 2000, softmodded with 6.60 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware.
Here's where I got the CFW-
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...y-psp-psp-psp-slim-psp-3000-psp-go-e1000.html

If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated greatly.

Jimf14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thread for the most current SNES emulator: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=31564
Games that use the FX coprocessor don't run all that well. It takes a lot of processing power to emulate another processor. The PSP simply doesn't have the power without a lot of work and ingenuity going into it.

Apparently the download link on the website you linked me to is broken. Any alternatives?

Jimf14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, new question. I loaded Kirby Super Star onto the emulator and even though the game doesn't use Mode 7 most of the time, (except for the intro and I think some bosses), it is very slow. It doesn't seem to be a framerate issue either, because the game seems to go slow motion rather than go choppy. Any way to reconcile this?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally played with Auto frameskip 9 (when you select the option, you can hit square (maybe it was circle, one of them) to switch it to auto) and I set the engine to Accurate with PSP Acceleration. Those are the main options that will get you some speed, other than clocking which will have to be at 333mhz if you want anything playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1