Hacking some Gamecube Games on vWii = Black Screen

Kurdoglu99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I have a problem with running some Gamecube games on vWii with Devolution. All of them work on my classic Wii perfectly. But when I try to start them on vWii with Devolution, I get a black screen. It's not with all the games. Only some games like Wind Waker and F-Zero GX. Does someone know why?

EDIT: all games are verified and I use the same WiiMote as by the Wii.

Kurdoglu99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double post. I have find out that I have verified the games that don't work wrong. What should I do now. Delete the Games and dump them again? And must I delete any files somewhere?
I need an answer please.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more curious why you want these games to with
Work when you have no way to play them on the wii u. No gc ports.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dios Mios, Dios Mios Lite, and Devolution are for the Wii, not the vWii. They are controlled by gamecube controllers. The Wii U has no gamecube controller ports. How do you plan on playing these games if you can't plug in your gamecube controller anywhere. Last i checked it had experimental support for a usb keyboard, maybe he has updated it, then my mistake.

The more practical app for playing gamecube games on the Wii U is Nintendont. Which is not complete yet.

Another thing to realize is that this had to be updated to work with vWii. Bugs are going to happen, so these games you listed are probably not going to work due to a bug. If they are working just fine in normal Wii.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to this guy you can most certainly use Devolution for the vWii using a wii classic pro controller. And also those games work flawlessly for me, I think you messed up.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Last I checked it had experimental support for a usb keyboard, maybe he has updated it, then my mistake.
I think it's time you checked again. You will find a very nice surprise, I think, as it now CAN be used on vWii (as well as family Wii's with no GC ports) by using Classic Controllers, Wii U Pro controllers or PS3 controllers through Bluetooth.

- - - -

As for the black screen problem. I can't say I know why BUT something that might help find out is a WiFi log. You can make a working one with the normal Wii and a not-working one in the vWii and post BOTH of them on the main Devolution thread. The program author doesn't post here anymore but he does seem to read the threads from time to time and might see them and be able to fix the problem in a future release (or, if we're lucky, we'll be able to pick out the difference, ourselves, when looking through the logs.)

To make a WiFi log, see if you can find a post by Nintendo Maniac. He has some links in his signature that might help there.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's time you checked again. You will find a very nice surprise, I think, as it now CAN be used on vWii (as well as family Wii's with no GC ports) by using Classic Controllers, Wii U Pro controllers or PS3 controllers through Bluetooth.

- - - -

Its already been established that it can be used on vWii and what controllers can be used, thanks for being redundant though.

Don't listen to this guy you can most certainly use Devolution for the vWii using a wii classic pro controller. And also those games work flawlessly for me, I think you messed up.
I never said that you can't use controllers, I said "last time i checked".

As for the OP:
Since dontay0100 says the games work just fine. (the ones you listed that don't work) I would reccomended renting or buying a cheap copy of the games online instead of downloading them and doing a full 1:1 rip and try running it on devolution. Assuming you downloaded them.
I would also try loading the games from sd and usb to see if they work.

Kurdoglu99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crwys: I haven't downloaded the games. I have original copies of them here. Why should I download the games and make 1 : 1 copies of them and think it would work? :rolleyes:

However, I managed to get them to work now. It was my fault. I have made a mistake during the verification. Anyway thanks for your help guys.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean download them and do a 1:1 rip, i meant rent or buy and do a 1:1 rent. But nice to hear you got it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg