Hacking Some 'compatible' games don't work...

mikesmithy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use one of the many USB loaders and I have no problems with most games, but I have a couple that are on the lists that show they're compatable, but they don't work for me - Mario Party 8 and Lego Star Wars.

- Are there any common things that might stop these from working when everything else does?

- Is there anything that these games have in common for any of the USB loaders?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Both them games are compatible with USB Loader.
I have Lego Star Wars and it works fine. If you have original games rip them again or if you have an ISO of it on your PC try tranfering it again to your HD with WFBS Manager 3.1.

Have you ever played them games via USB Loader? Maybe the ISO's are bad.
I have a PAL Wii and PAL version of these games, using USB Loader GX, cIOS36 Rev10 and they work fine.

Update: I cannot remember do these games need a disc in. Try putting in ANY disc into your Wii before loading, don't think this is the problem tho. If your games are different region to your Wii use USB Loader GX and change the video options to System Default or Disc Default and see does this have any affect.

mikesmithy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply!

These are two games where I actually do have the originals, I just figured that since I have the space on the harddrive that I may as well put them on there.

Both of them are NTSC, and the regular game discs work fine, and they worked with the gamma backup loader before. I just can't get them to work here...

I ripped them both on my wii using one of the loaders. Maybe I'll trying doing it on my PC and then just transferring it to the harddrive?

Lego Indiana Jones (which I don't have the original disc for) does the same thing for me. It loads, starts, but then gets stuck on a loading screen later. I even tried downloading a new ISO but I still have the same issue...

I can't figure out what I'm missing here...

Thanks in advance for any reply!!

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I am not completely wrong, I think I've read something about issues with older versions of the USBLoader (the one's below 1.5). If you delete a game with such a loader it can damage games already on the HDD and can currupt games that you try to rip to HDD.

I personally use WBFS Manager 2.5 (newer Versions available and working, I'm just too lazy to download and install it) to transfer games from pc to the HDD used with the Wii and vice versa.

For installing and deleting games directly with the Wii I use Waninkoko's 1.5 "original" Loader.

And for playing the games I have USB Loader GX.

Since I use them all in the desribed way, I never had any problems again. I remember having problems with installing and booting games when I tried to show my parents what the Wii is able to do when softmodded. I installed Twilight Princess from the original game disc to HDD, deleted it with Loader 1.1 and tried to reinstall it, to show how fast it works. After that i received some problems. I copied my isos back to my computer, reformatted my hdd with 1.5 and installed the isos back to hdd with WBFS Manager 2.5 (or 2.2, I don't remember...)

To cut a long story short...only delete and install games with Loaders based on 1.5 or they will mess up your hdd.

Amarabha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries