1. mike4001

OP mike4001 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hello,

I am reading for a couple of days now but still having some questions. I hope someone can help me :-)

I bascially only wanna play fan translations and want to buy a new "*new* 3DS" for this.

1) Is it correct that I can buy a 3DS up to Firmware 10.7 but I have to downgrade it to 9.2 in order to play fan-translated games? (for instance via https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds-from-fw-10-7.418125/)
    2) Downgrading is possible using some kind of browser-hax and I don´t need any special kind of game for that?
    3) Once I am at Firmware 9.2 I have to install a Custom Firmware via several tutorials out there
    4) And once that is done I have to go into homebrew launcher, start HANS and there I can load up the game?

Thanks in advance

2. LongTimeLurker

LongTimeLurker GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Actually downgrading and getting a9lh is done through Plailect's guide, see my signature.

4. Maybe, I haven't played any fan translations for the 3DS. Most games I play just patch the ROM itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translations, questions, getting