Hacking Some advice please

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I have a modded wiiu , can't remember what verison at Mo , will have e to boot it up later and see .

Right on to the question I want to give it to one of daughter's friend as a gift , but wanted to know what I need to do first , apart from deleting my account of it , and what's latest versions recommend for modding , just wanted to make sure it is all up and running on latest bits and bobs before I give it to them that and make sure all my details are of it lol

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all check on which firmware is your Wii U and what kind of exploit you are using.
If you're using the browser exploit then there's nothing to worry about, but if you are using coldboot haxchi then do not delete the user who bought the DS game used to coldboot haxchi or your Wii U will brick!

Reactions: dAVID_ and bostonBC

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rats yeah I think I was cold booting via ds so guess going to need to wipe and start again ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will double check tho

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Rats yeah I think I was cold booting via ds so guess going to need to wipe and start again ?

Will double check tho
If you need to start the ds game then it's no big deal, but when you remove the account that purchased the DS game it will stop working and you will have to either buy another ds game or use the browser exploit

But if you don't need to start the DS game (and appears as a "Don't touch me" icon on the home menu) then for the love of god do not format your Wii U or delete the account that purchased the DS game or you will end up bricking your Wii U

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right so whats the right way to remove it? I will need to remove that account as I use that account on my switch and it has my details in it, so I want to get it back to modded without my details

thanks for info so far

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
right so whats the right way to remove it? I will need to remove that account as I use that account on my switch and it has my details in it, so I want to get it back to modded without my details

thanks for info so far
First I would run the coldboot haxchi installer to uninstall coldboot haxchi, and then you can delete the haxchi DS game and delete your account (I don't have coldboot haxchi so I may be wrong about this,
@Kafluke is this the correct way to uninstall cbhc?)

Reactions: Kafluke

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys am I reading this right all I have to do is just delete haxchi (renamed D's game) from data management and that's it I can remove account and add browser link for them ?

See image
20171118_181902.jpg

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also once I have the game list they want I can just remove hack anyway as it don't need to be installed for games to load does it ?

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help pretty please , so I can get some peace lol. I'm thinking all I need do is make sure games wanted are on it, then delete patched DS game ,remove my account and all should be good to go?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Any help pretty please , so I can get some peace lol. I'm thinking all I need do is make sure games wanted are on it, then delete patched DS game ,remove my account and all should be good to go?
I would install the games, then delete coldboothaxchi with it's installer homebrew app and then delete the account

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for reply I don't think I have coldboot installed only haxchi and way to double check @THEELEMENTKH
One way to check if you have haxhi or coldboothachi installed is by looking at the icon of th game, if it says haxchi then you have normal haxchi installed, and if it says something like "DON'T TOUCH ME!" (I don't know the exact message as I only have normal haxchi installed) then you have coldboot haxchi installed.

Another way to test it is by having installed any e-shop only title or non-original DLC and trying to boot it without manually starting the DS VC game, if it lets you start the e-shop only game/non-legit DLC then you have coldboot haxchi installed

skedone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way to check if you have haxhi or coldboothachi installed is by looking at the icon of th game, if it says haxchi then you have normal haxchi installed, and if it says something like "DON'T TOUCH ME!" (I don't know the exact message as I only have normal haxchi installed) then you have coldboot haxchi installed.

Another way to test it is by having installed any e-shop only title or non-original DLC and trying to boot it without manually starting the DS VC game, if it lets you start the e-shop only game/non-legit DLC then you have coldboot haxchi installed

Yep I have just the haxchi logo , and don't remember seeing the coldboot autoloading screen during boot , so I should be good to load games , delete haxchi and then account and good to go if I'm correct , sorry to be a pain just don't want to get it wrong , things you do for your kids friends hay lol

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yep I have just the haxchi logo , and don't remember seeing the coldboot autoloading screen during boot , so I should be good to load games , delete haxchi and then account and good to go if I'm correct , sorry to be a pain just don't want to get it wrong , things you do for your kids friends hay lol
Yes, since you have normal haxchi you can install your desired games and then uninstall haxchi and delete the DS VC game and account that purchased it.
But keep in mind that you will only be able to play games that were released phisically (that means no e-shop exclusive games and no free DLCs without haxchi or Mocha CFW)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: