Hacking Some advice needed!!

Wii Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My son is wanting a dsi for Christmas.
I have soft modded his Wii so I am planning on using the acekard2i with his dsi.

I have already ordered him a acekard2i from Deal Extreme but I am now unsure that it is going to work with his dsi when I get it as I am pretty sure it is going to come with the 1.4 firmware.

I have since noticed that NDS card shop are advertising their acekard2i as preloaded with firmware that will work with the dsi's with 1.4 firmware.

What I am wanting to know is can I download this firmware that will make the ak2i work with the dsi from anywhere? or am I going to have to buy another ak2i card from nds card shop?

I am a noob on the ds side so any help is appreciated

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You can update the ones from dealextreme. Just go to my stickied tutorial. And look for the "How to update your acekard2i to work on dsi 1.4 firmware". Just make sure your sons DSi isn't at firmware 1.4 or it wont work. If it's new, I doubt it is.

Wii Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice.

So if I can get a dsi sooner rather than later it is still likely to have the 1.3 firmware.

Wii Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
yes get it now i got a white one a few days back it had 1.3 you should buy one by the en dof this month

Thanks for the advice got my mum to pick me one up today (staff discount) haven't checked the firmware yet!

QUOTE(dragonbladerxx1 @ Oct 7 2009, 06:17 PM) when u get the acekard, and its in a different firmware, ask us if u dont know how to update it... =)

Thanks for the offer

The acekard hasn't arrived yet but when it does from what I have read I think I will be installing the akaio software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free