Hacking Some advice before purchasing (No Limit Sky3DS)..

jrshankill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I noticed this Sky3DS card on Yeahgeek.. the description says there is no 10 game limit. Has anyone used this and can confirm it works fine?

http://www.yeahgeek.com/buy-new-blu...shcard-for-nintendo-3ds-new3ds-2ds-p-990.html

My current FW is 9.0.0-20E.

I understand that Gateway have the scene's backing and should be the card I am looking to get, but I thought I should get a Sky3DS while I have the funds in my account. I'm not very patient.

Thanks for any advice.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i would say give gateway till boxing day to get the update out(who knows if they will though, but they said Christmas was their target), but if your very impatient sure from what i have heard the blue button card works as intended, some people where having trouble with some games, but they released a updated disktool and template today so i assume they would of got all the kinks ironed out

main advice although i assume you already know is to not update if you ever intend to switch to gateway once they release the update, but i have seen quite a few people have the same plan so the second hand prices of sky3ds cards will probably drop as soon as gateway deliver their update as many people will be trying to shift theirs

Reactions: jrshankill
D

Deleted-355425

i would say give gateway till boxing day to get the update out(who knows if they will though, but they said Christmas was their target), but if your very impatient sure from what i have heard the blue button card works as intended, some people where having trouble with some games, but they released a updated disktool and template today so i assume they would of got all the kinks ironed out

main advice although i assume you already know is to not update if you ever intend to switch to gateway once they release the update, but i have seen quite a few people have the same plan so the second hand prices of sky3ds cards will probably drop as soon as gateway deliver their update as many people will be trying to shift theirs
also the folks wanting to stay on 9.x will have very little use for the sky3ds card when games start needing a firmware higher then 9.x to run, as it acts as a retail cart the rom will ask you to update your 3ds to play the rom.

Reactions: jrshankill

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
I've ordered from yeahgeek.com with no problems. 15 days for shipping and no income taxes whatsoever.

By that point the Gateway update could be out and the thread creator would be kicking himself for spending extra on a card that has far less functuonality and support.

I would wait. Honestly, just my view.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
By that point the Gateway update could be out and the thread creator would be kicking himself for spending extra on a card that has far less functuonality and support.

I would wait. Honestly, just my view.

I agree, I mean its not like hes gonna get it any time before New Years eve or something. I would probably wait for these holidays to pass and if GW doesnt deliver and he really cant wait on playing those games or if hes buying a Sky3ds for his child or whatnot then I would suggest on buying the Sky3ds. If he can wait its gonna be really worth his while and the money he managed to save by buying a GW card.

guitarheroknight, I have also used them (for a SDHC DS cart) and had no problems either. Was happy with the delivery time and, like you, I didn't pay any taxes.

Yup, I bought a GW card from them. It was like $65 at the time including shipping and I too was concerned about the income taxes but I contacted them and they kindly replied that they declare their products as low value. When I received my GW card the value that was on the package was $10. Thats enough for any country accept it without a income tax.

All in all at first GWs page style looked a little suspicious since its not very fancy or whatnot but in the end I decided to bite the bullet and buy from them. Havent regretted it yet. :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte