[solved] Shop Temp ripped me off

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Mr.DS, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2010

[solved] Shop Temp ripped me off by Mr.DS at 7:23 PM (4,082 Views / 0 Likes) 87 replies

1. Mr.DS
    OP

Newcomer Mr.DS Member

United States
    blah blah
    *edited out*
    i am stupid and i could not wait 1 more day for the support to get back to me

they have already replied on july 27th today is 29th and got a reply again wow i had to wait sooooo long

my support ticket

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    if the springs broken it will still work.

3. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    i helped 4 friends to buy flashcards from gbatemp x2 R4 +x1 acekard + DSTWO all my friends got their flashcards in about a week and they all worked fine

4. Jeff88

Member Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Whoaa, so its okay to send a defective product as long as it works? Greattt.

5. Mr.DS
    OP

Newcomer Mr.DS Member

United States
    would you pay for something that is broken??

I did not pay for a cart with a broken spring..I paid for a new cart..and I expect a new cart not a broken p.o.s

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Well fine then. Send it back. They'll gladly honor it. If it is indeed not in working condition then by their warranty they are liable to send a replacement or fix it.

And don't go out being an ass and telling everyone that ShopTemp sucks. You just happen to have a bad experience like a handful of others but the majority all had amazing experiences. Humans can make mistakes, can't they?

7. Mr.DS
    OP

Newcomer Mr.DS Member

United States
    so I'm being an ass for getting ripped of by shoptemp...funny

it's like saying you complain too much for getting robbed..

8. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Are you working for another flashcart retailer??? [​IMG]

Anyways, I'm sure Shoptemp would likely change your DStwo for another one or something.

9. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Don't buy a DSTwo flashcard period. Ask to replace for a CycloDS and pay the difference!

10. TwinRetro

United States
    yeah, because someone can accidentally rob you.

I would like to see these emails, or else i'm calling bullshit. I highly doubt that they told you to just make it work.

11. CrimzonEyed

Japan
    could be that the card was fully functional when the sent it and it became damaged in the transport by honkong mail or the local US mail

12. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Just contact ShopTemp or Costello. They'll help you out.

And don't complain TOO much, okay? Human error, through and through. I got ripped off from PriceAngels and DealExtreme before, and I didn't make a big fuss.

13. Mr.DS
    OP

Newcomer Mr.DS Member

United States
    they haven't answererd any of my emails in almost a week...I don't even know where to send it back to

this is funny..I get a bad cart..they won't return my emails....I lose money...and you people are making me the bad guy..

and no I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY RETAILERS

14. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    No way that ShopTemp would write you off the way you said it. They've been known to be very courteous to their customers. I really want to see these emails.

15. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You're not being ripped off. ShopTemp will gladly take it back.

What were the intervals between those emails? Did you email them once, wait 5 minutes then didn't find a response so you emailed again? You're going to have be patient and stop trolling. Did it ever occur to you that since you live in the US, that THEY'RE ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD? Their offices could have been closed when you emailed them.

I'm pretty sure the ShopTemp staff didn't act like Steve Jobs and tell you to find a way to make it work. I'm positive they told you to see if you could tinker with it to save you time & money before you sent it back. if you didn't get working then they'd take it back and give you a replacement.

16. TwinRetro

United States
    So, first you say you got one reply...now you say you havn't gotten any replies? My bullshit meter is rising.

17. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Wow man, you come in here with 0 posts on your back and start trowing shit all over a well established community like GBAtemp because of one little defective spring......
    Really dude, calm down.
    I've never shopped from shoptemp because I already had my stuff from somewhere else when they opened, but I hear nothing but good things about them, plus shopping from them helps the community and that's a simple way to give back something to it for years of support, guides and reviews.
    As I see it your card still works, so why not try to solve the problem in a civilized manner ?
    Screaming that somebody ' ripped you off ' is like that somebody took your money and never sent you anything and then disappeared.
    In this market unfortunately things are mass produced by smaller companies with limited budgets , and then shipped over seas, therefore occasional ' little defects ' can and will always happen.
    Unless you don't receive that which you paid for, or your product doesn't work at all I wouldn't rush in here with this poor attitude.
    Learn some manners, will you please ?

18. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Shoptemp process dozens of orders a day (about 79 a day by my estimation), it's difficult for them to detect the occasional faulty unit because they can't always just open up the box and test the flashcart.

Ask for a replacement, even if they did give you some instructions on how to fix/remove the spring.

19. CrimzonEyed

Japan
    it sure is funny, since you are the first to complain so much while everyone else have had good experience with Shoptemp.

20. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    We're not making you the bad guy but you are severely overreacting. As a result you come over as rude and aggressive therefore nobody is inclined to be all that helpful to you. As Michael Winner says, "Calm down dear" its just a slightly defective product. Try contacting Costello. If you're not rude he might give you a hand in getting the complaint through correctly.

edit: Also the springs in the SCDSTwo are known for being a bit off. DSTwo have a bit of a problem with build quality in general. It was likely of no fault of ShopTemps and they should give you a replacement since you're so dissatisfied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.