Hardware [SOLVED] SD card slot problems

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,
some minutes ago my 3DS' SD card slot decided to break.
Well, the slot itself still works and the SD is recognised by the 3DS, but the spring loading doesn't work.
In fact I can't take the SD out by pressing it and I always need something narrow to pull it out.
I checked the SD and noticed that the top right part of the SD on the pins side is broken, I inspected the slot and there was the piece of the SD card; I took it out but the spring still doesn't work.

I have a bricked 3DS with a 100% working SD slot; but I want to know if there is a way to fix the slot/spring (maybe it's just stuck) because I don't know how to solder :(

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a 3DS XL or original 3DS? You only need to know how to solder to replace the SD card slot on the 3DS XL.
For the original 3DS the SD card slot is connected by a plug, so there's no soldering necessary. It lifts off easily, but there is a bit of adhesive tape beneath it so you need to use some force to pry it up.

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this a 3DS XL or original 3DS? You only need to know how to solder to replace the SD card slot on the 3DS XL.
For the original 3DS the SD card slot is connected by a plug, so there's no soldering necessary. It lifts off easily, but there is a bit of adhesive tape beneath it so you need to use some force to pry it up.

I have a "small" 3DS, I'm going to substitute it because now it says that it's lock protected so there's nothing I can do to fix the slot itself (thanks to Gamestop that put the warranty sticker in a random place with no screws underneath :P)

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just "operated" my 3DS and everything went fine.
Booting, recognising the SD without saying that it's write protected, GW menu launches just fine and all applications show in SysNAND.
Thanks for your help! ^.^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.