[SOLVED] SD card slot problems

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zacchi4k, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    Hi everyone,
    some minutes ago my 3DS' SD card slot decided to break.
    Well, the slot itself still works and the SD is recognised by the 3DS, but the spring loading doesn't work.
    In fact I can't take the SD out by pressing it and I always need something narrow to pull it out.
    I checked the SD and noticed that the top right part of the SD on the pins side is broken, I inspected the slot and there was the piece of the SD card; I took it out but the spring still doesn't work.

I have a bricked 3DS with a 100% working SD slot; but I want to know if there is a way to fix the slot/spring (maybe it's just stuck) because I don't know how to solder :(

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    explain, bricked 3ds wih working sd slot?

3. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I have another 3DS with the NAND corrupted, but everything else is OK.

4. SmileCitrus

SmileCitrus GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2009
    United States
    Is this a 3DS XL or original 3DS? You only need to know how to solder to replace the SD card slot on the 3DS XL.
    For the original 3DS the SD card slot is connected by a plug, so there's no soldering necessary. It lifts off easily, but there is a bit of adhesive tape beneath it so you need to use some force to pry it up.
    [​IMG]

5. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I have a "small" 3DS, I'm going to substitute it because now it says that it's lock protected so there's nothing I can do to fix the slot itself (thanks to Gamestop that put the warranty sticker in a random place with no screws underneath :P)

6. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I just "operated" my 3DS and everything went fine.
    Booting, recognising the SD without saying that it's write protected, GW menu launches just fine and all applications show in SysNAND.
    Thanks for your help! ^.^