Hacking [Solved] Proper undub of Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP)

• Thread starter zeropain
  • Start date
  • Views 24,617
  • Replies 55
Z

zeropain

OP
There is a undub released by Mugi for Valkyrie Profile for the PSP, but sadly its not a full undub, meaning there are still voices in english.

I just played it to the first dungeon and when Lenneth swings her sword (brandishing sword) the voice is still in english.

There is also a scene at the start of the game where Jelanda turns into a monster and Lenneth and Freya appears suddenly to fight it along with Arngrim. The ''shouting'' from Lenneth is the english voice.

Im not sure if there are still leftovers of english voices as i didnt play it that much. But it seems that the ''Field Voices'' are in english.

Since i dont have any knowledge about undubbing (or hacking in general), is there someone who is interested in doing a proper undub of this game?

Dont expect someone to do it, but asking doesnt hurt.

Sorry for my english.

Edit:
SOLVED: The original author ''Mugi'' released an updated undub patch. You can find it here (post number 4):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/proper-undub-of-valkyrie-profile-lenneth-psp.490902/#post-7745492

Big thanks to him!

Edit 2:
Mugi also released an undub patch for the original Valkyrie Profile game for the PS1.

You can find it here (post number 47):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/solved-...rofile-lenneth-psp.490902/page-3#post-7775810

Again, thank you so much!

Last edited by ,

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last edited by Kitsu-neechan,
Reactions: swosho and ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What's funny is that there's an official 100% undub that doesn't have any English audio over it and is found with a simple google search and it even has the sword swings and all insignificant nitpicks in Japanese too...:P

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
official ?
official as in actually released ?

oh well, i dunno, i never ran into others aside the one i made (9 years ago lol) and since people kept complaining to me that that one sound was left out, what can the horse do?
im kinda out of this business since years so havent really followed what's going on with undubs nowadays :P

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
official ?
official as in actually released ?

oh well, i dunno, i never ran into others aside the one i made (9 years ago lol) and since people kept complaining to me that that one sound was left out, what can the horse do?
im kinda out of this business since years so havent really followed what's going on with undubs nowadays :P
Yup, on PSN even in some regions. Came out somewhere around 2012-2013 or so though. But seriously though, it's one sword swing, how can people nitpick that much, lol:rofl2: As for what's going on with undubs, they were a thing around 2014, especially on the PSP (when it started dying a LOT of games came out as undubs officially despite having dubbed ports already), but they've died now on all systems to the point you hardly find any undubs at this point, official or not.

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i suppose mine kept it's userbase since i released it around christmas 2008 lol, thats a fair share of days before this official one (i still couldn't find from google anything about it though lol)
either way, i guess some people are overly attached to japanese moaning (the sound in question is literally like... "HYAAAAAA" or so.... oh well :P)

well, as someone who practically started this trend, i felt appropriate to fix it, but that'll be it for me and fanservice, i really got better things to do ^^;

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i suppose mine kept it's userbase since i released it around christmas 2008 lol, thats a fair share of days before this official one (i still couldn't find from google anything about it though lol)
either way, i guess some people are overly attached to japanese moaning (the sound in question is literally like... "HYAAAAAA" or so.... oh well :P)

well, as someone who practically started this trend, i felt appropriate to fix it, but that'll be it for me and fanservice, i really got better things to do ^^;
Guess it's not that easy to find... oh well, the site I get my ISOs/CSOs from has it, so it's all good for me! But yeah, undubs may be much better than dubs, but if it's something this small, then people need to get a life:P

Z

zeropain

OP
What's funny is that there's an official 100% undub that doesn't have any English audio over it and is found with a simple google search and it even has the sword swings and all insignificant nitpicks in Japanese too...:P

No such a file exists (''simple google search''). If there is one please provide concrete evidence.

@Kitsu-neechan: Thank you. I appreciate it. Thats all im gonna say.

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No such a file exists (''simple google search''). If there is one please provide concrete evidence.

@Kitsu-neechan: Thank you. I appreciate it. Thats all im gonna say.

i have to admit im curious about this. but whatever really :P nowadays i rather play the ps1 version anyway, it lags less and looks better due to proper aspect ratio.

Z

zeropain

OP
i have to admit im curious about this. but whatever really :P nowadays i rather play the ps1 version anyway, it lags less and looks better due to proper aspect ratio.

I prefer the PS1 version as well, but sadly there is not an undub version of it.

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
such a nice thing that he volunteered !
i mean i went through the encryption and all already but now i dont have to bother afterall.
thankz zeropain, i'll be waiting for it :)

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@ThoD: Kitsu-neechan is not aware that im working on this as well...

as a supporter :D

Guess you dont want to wait THAT long :)
Supporting something means you aren't working on it though, you would be a dev otherwise, no?:unsure:

Kitsu-neechan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i will see if i get time to work on it more.

it's a sector based address table which appears to use some form of absolute sectoring (the "0" point is a bit of a questionmark)
since it's christmas and all i've spent most of my time going to sauna, being drunk and what was left of my comatose state of mind i spent on reversing this potato.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over