Solar Powered DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spas, Feb 13, 2009.

1. spas
    OP

spas GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2006
  2. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    not very practical. if your playing it, that side will be facing down. and if ur not using it, u won't exactly be leaving it outside in the sun would u? also, if ur playin oustide, i guess you could lie down but then the sun would be in ur face [​IMG]

though cool nonetheless

3. Vincent T

Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, California
    Not really. :/

4. ArAcHnId

ArAcHnId Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Belgium
    if you could fold it so it's on top then it would be usefull when playing, otherwise no, not really, but very good that people are making stuff like this, just has to be refined and then it's going to be very usefull

5. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    I have seen that before.....

and, it looks rather dangerous, you should never connect a voltage source directly to a lithium ion battery, it could cause it to explode. and whilst the meagre amount of power from a solar panel may not be enough to cause that, it is highly likely that it will cause the battery to over charge and become damaged over time.

it would be a lot better to solder the wires from the solar panel to the power input pins. It is likely the regulators inside the DS can take the voltage variance.

6. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Doing it through the Power jack probably wouldn't work to well. Plus he updated his instructions that include a charge protection unit that would prevent over charging.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah The Conductor

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane
    That looks cool. I would probably only do it for the looks