Hacking software v 1.19? Can't find it.

Esspi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So its been a while since I bought my R4DS Revolution card and I still couldn't get any working firmware.
Now I just found out that EVERY auction has changed it's description.
Now every auction says "this card work the best with firmware v1.19. You can find it on gbatempt" but I can't find any. This is kinda weird tho.

Last edited by Esspi,

Esspi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes. I have been trying some of them and every was stuck on loading screen or couldn't find ds menu.dat
20190122_121856.jpg

Last edited by Esspi,

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wood 1.62 is the correct one.
But on this card you cannot use micro sd higher than 2GB (SDHC are not supported) and must be formatted in FAT32.

Esspi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wood 1.62 is the correct one.
But on this card you cannot use micro sd higher than 2GB (SDHC are not supported) and must be formatted in FAT32.
I have proper 2gb micro sd card from my previous attempts. There is no sdhc writing on it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's a "100% R4 clone" (which may actually be an original R4 made by the actual R4 team in a new shell) - so it can run the original R4 kernel (which stopped at 1.19 or 1.18 back in 2008), the appropriate port of YSMenu (which has far better compatibility), or the appropriate version of Wood (which has even better compatibility);

the newest version of Wood for the R4, as already said by others, is 1.62 (other flashcards like the r4ids.cn have 1.64 but it just adds a questionable and theme-breaking "3DS Setup" feature for preparing the old MSET exploit)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have proper 2gb micro sd card from my previous attempts. There is no sdhc writing on it.
Are you using the card reader included with it?

Throw it away, after some variable time (but not too much) it starts getting loose connections and corrupting data

Esspi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually I using adapter from my camera. I have some other adapters somewhere in my house.
Is this thing included with my r4 do something different? I was thinking it works the same as other adapters.

Last edited by Esspi,

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I using adapter from my camera. I have some other adapters somewhere in my house.
Is this thing included with my r4 do something different? I was thinking it works the same as other adapters.

Works fine on mine. You are using an SD card 2GB or under I assume?

Edit: Scrolled up. Tried the paper trick? (Poor Contact connection. Put a piece of paper under the contacts, or even behind the card in the ds as you insert it, and see if that gets it to read correctly.)

Last edited by GreatCrippler,

Esspi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Works fine on mine. You are using an SD card 2GB or under I assume?

Edit: Scrolled up. Tried the paper trick?
I using just a normal 2gb micro sd card and yes I have tried a paper trick.

Also it would be cool if someone could send me their files from their card.
Maybe there is a problem with my sd card. These cards are no longer available in my near shops and buying them from internet is kinda not the best financial option. If this won't work I will try on other micro sd card.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I using just a normal 2gb micro sd card and yes I have tried a paper trick.

Also it would be cool if someone could send me their files from their card.
Maybe there is a problem with my sd card. These cards are no longer available in my near shops and buying them from internet is kinda not the best financial option. If this won't work I will try on other micro sd card.

I just downloaded the files from the site I linked above, wiped my 2 Gig Micro SD, and drug them over to the card with a personal rom to test. Nothing to send. It's all right there.

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As I said before, Wood 1.62 is the correct one.
The micro sd must have a maximum of 2 GB in fat32.
Have you tried the slot with an original cartridge?
If the game slot works:
Try to format with the SD Formatter software, clean the contacts, try another SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt