Software is coming to Steam

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Wizerzak, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2012

Software is coming to Steam by Wizerzak at 8:39 PM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Wizerzak
    OP

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the first set of Software titles are heading to Steam, marking a major expansion to the platform most commonly known as a leading destination for PC and Mac games.

The Software titles coming to Steam range from creativity to productivity. Many of the launch titles will take advantage of popular Steamworks features, such as easy installation, automatic updating, and the ability to save your work to your personal Steam Cloud space so your files may travel with you.

More Software titles will be added in an ongoing fashion following the September 5th launch, and developers will be welcome to submit Software titles via Steam Greenlight.

"The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games," said Mark Richardson at Valve. "They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."

:arrow: Source

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I beat you by a few seconds. See front page.

2 people like this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    That's pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.