Hacking Softmodded wii

Kevin Bollen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have the following problem. I just got a wii from a friend of mine. This was a softmodded wii. but the SD card wich the softmod was on has been removed, and it was reset to factory settings.

So now need to install a wii update before my wii will boot. I got the 320004 error message.
After a little research I got to the conclusion this has something to do with the softmod.

Is there any way I can remove the rest of the softmod so i can update, or any way to get the softmod up and running again.

I am a total noob in this shit. So I hope one of you guys can help me

When i hold my reset button the following info appears:
IOS V60
Systemmenu v450
Priiloader V0.4 (r78)

And when i press the system menu hacks it says:
Failed to mount FAT device
Can't find Hacks.ini on NAND

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be fine to update. You'll just have to reinstall Homebrew Channel afterwards, which is really easy with the LetterBomb exploit.

Kevin Bollen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank you for your reaction

I can't boot the wii. When I turn on the wii I instant get a demand to install the new update.

So do you know what i have to do?
Do I have to put a new mod on a SD card or something?

Sorry I am new with softmodding so I don't know anything about it

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no, I didn't pick that up. I have never run into an issue where a Wii wanted to update on boot. I could google around for the answer, but you're just as capable on that front, so I can't really help you there. That's a really odd issue to me, as I have worked on a lot of those things.

Kevin Bollen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He guys, i just checked and it is pollible to boot my wii to the wii menu. But when i want to play a disk it requires the update. Wich i am unable to install.

Hope you guys can give me detailed info of what i have to do to get it sofmodded again. Or delete the softmod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT