Gaming Softmodded 3ds Freeze HELP!

Roskam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so a few years ago I had a student of mine soft mod my 3ds so I could get roms for my kids and I. Last week I thought hey lets get some more titles. After about 8 it worked fine. Then I added another 10 or so and despite having more than enough file space when loading to the menu from ReiNand the cursor wouldn't move off of system setup, x woud open it, touch pad wouldn't work and after opening setup only power off worked.

This all seemed to happen when after my wife's request I turned off wireless communication in settings. Reboot does nothing. I have no idea of if there is a way to fix this. I even tried the option where you hold down the left and right triggers, A and up arrow and turn on. This brings up the update menu but bottom screen says to enable wifi but touch pad won't work for me to hit enable.

Any help would be awesome. I would like to avoid having to take it to ozmodchips for now. Thanks to anyone in advance.

ReiNand version is 9.2.0-20E

Below are images of “The Homebrew Launcher” 1.1.0 which is accessible on startup. The base menu and files on the MicroSD.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg a.jpg b.jpg MICROSD Files.jpg

Cheers. Adam.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copying all the files from your MicroSD onto another one? Just in case your current one is faulty?

ReiNand is terribly outdated, check out 3ds.guide and see about upgrading your softmod to Boot9Strap and Luma3DS. At that point you can upgrade your 3DS to the latest version, and do a system format, and not worry about losing your CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, if you don't mind losing everything, I'm sure you could get a flashcart and use NTRBoot to install B9S. Then use a CTRTransfer image to fix it.

Roskam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try copying all the files from your MicroSD onto another one? Just in case your current one is faulty?

ReiNand is terribly outdated, check out 3ds.guide and see about upgrading your softmod to Boot9Strap and Luma3DS. At that point you can upgrade your 3DS to the latest version, and do a system format, and not worry about losing your CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, if you don't mind losing everything, I'm sure you could get a flashcart and use NTRBoot to install B9S. Then use a CTRTransfer image to fix it.

Thanks for replying. As a layman though I’ll have to google as most of your reply is above my skill set.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying. As a layman though I’ll have to google as most of your reply is above my skill set.

First try switching to a new microSD card. If that doesn't help, follow the instructions at http://3ds.guide to try upgrading to Boot9Strap. If you can't get through those instructions because your 3DS is freezing too much, buy a ntrboot-compatible flashcart. Then go through 3ds.guide again, but use the instructions for ntrboot. Then once B9S has been installed you can use CTRTransfer if you're still having problems with freezing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol