Hacking Softmod

AndersDK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody...

Have now read and read as much as I can, and tryed to do everything that I have found in here to get this to work.. But still am having problem, I hope that I have overlooked something, and now risking an other post about DVD readning problems... Sorry
frown.gif

I have and older Wii have hacked it, and having the neweste backup loader runing Gamma 0.3. Have updated the Wii to 3.2E (was 3.0E)
Using Verbatin DVD-R.

After the first install off the backup loader I tried with the game "Sports Island" and hell ya it worked like a cham..
smile.gif

Then I tried Mario Galaxy, Sports Party, Winter Olympic 2008, Manhunt 2.. And no go, tried with slow burn x2,4 tried with x8 speed, tryed to use forced PAL. But all games stops after the warring and then gives me a Disk read error, try looking in the manual for help..
frown.gif

Any ide's for me to try out? It should not be nessery for me to patch the games? or?
One thing that makes me wonder if the installation of the backup loader migth be damaged, is that it won't load Sports Island for the Wii Channel, this channel just restarts the Wii. I have to go to the Homebrew Channel, and start the loader from there..

Hope someone can help.
lecture.gif
me. Thx

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEARCH FOR DISK READ ERROR ITS BEEN ANSWERED A HUNDRED FRIGGIN TIMES PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE YOU FLOOD THIS SITE WITH NOOB POSTS nobody is going to hand anything to you go read like the rest of us did why does everyone burn at friggin 2x and 2.4x oh cuz they didnt read

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
why does everyone burn at friggin 2x and 2.4x oh cuz they didnt read

Still not sure burn speed has anything to do with problems people have. I've burned at multiple different speeds (1x, 2x, etc) without issue. I've ready plenty of threads and still no concrete answer

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys , firstly he is from denmark so English isnt his first language - that makes life a little harder.

I have some questions for you :

1. When you say the latest backup loader ... where did you get the files and when are they dated ?
2. If sports Island worked - does it stil work now ?
3. If they get as far as the load screen then its recognising the discs ... have you tried any other brand of discs ?

AndersDK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thx for the replys..

1. When you say the latest backup loader ... where did you get the files and when are they dated ?
I got it from the post in here, i believe its from your post djtaz

2. If sports Island worked - does it stil work now ?
Its still working

3. If they get as far as the load screen then its recognising the discs ... have you tried any other brand of discs ?
Yes I have tryed 3 other brands..

I have read alot in here, and followed the guides. Have Also tried to start from the beginn 2 times now.. Everytime I ended up with the same result.. Sports Island worked fine..?

So I have now tryed to use the isobackuppatcher on the other games, the one that turns and iso from approx 4,5Gb to 4,1Gb (like with the 0.1 loader).. I now they work? Have I misunderstod something
frown.gif
It shouldnd be nesseary to patch anymore with the Gamma Loader right?
I Know I must have made some mistake along the way, but i have the games runing now.. So you doon't need to reply, but if its more clear to you guys what fault I have made, please let me know..
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they work after being patched it looks like the cIOS you have is the old version ... are you SURE you have updated that fully ?

AndersDK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well have used the guide your linking to in our sign, so I believe so, but I won't say for sure because your question is also the conclusion that I have come to. I have tried many times to update the cIOS, and everytime the install says its completet OK. Is there anyway for me to tjek the version currently in use on my Wii.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AndersDK said:
Well have used the guide your linking to in our sign, so I believe so, but I won't say for sure because your question is also the conclusion that I have come to. I have tried many times to update the cIOS, and everytime the install says its completet OK. Is there anyway for me to tjek the version currently in use on my Wii.
You could use any title deleter in Homebrew channel and delete ios249 and then install the cIOS again - it may sort it out for you

AndersDK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deleted the IOS249, and installed it again.. Still on luck, and now my Wad manager gives me a ERROR! (ret = -1) ?

Guess I better stop weile I still can play the patch games, better than nothing
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)