Softmod the wiiU with Wilbrand?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ct_bolt, Feb 8, 2013.

Feb 8, 2013

Softmod the wiiU with Wilbrand? by ct_bolt at 9:22 PM (8,666 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ct_bolt
    OP

Member ct_bolt Creator

United States
    Ok so I've seen this & read this but I now have some questions:

Can I use Wilbrand? If so what System Menu would I use?

If I cannot or there is a better way to softmod the wiiU could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks for reading. B-):yaywii:

2. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    If you mean vwii then I think you have to use one of the game exploits, but maybe i'm wrong, wait for more replys.

3. ct_bolt
    OP

Member ct_bolt Creator

United States
    Yes I am indeed talking about just the vWii (wiimode part) only (as far as I know Wii-U mode is not currently hackable).

I'm starting to think I am able to use WilBrand Launcher to hack the vWii mode (hoping at least) but am not entirely certain...
    I've seen this post on a wiiu hacking site: http://wiiuhax.com/released-wilbrand-launcher-v8-0/

Edit:
    After looking around a little more I fear that you are correct... I need a disc based game (one with an exploit) to mod the vWii on the wiiU can anyone confirm that this is correct?

4. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    The list of which ones work that you posted :
    http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode
    is pretty much all there is.
    (I think there are some others that work that are not listed but they're just slight variations of those meant to be used with the European version of the games listed and they're ALL game disk based exploits.)
    WiiBrand uses the same way to get in that LetterBomb did and the that loophole has been covered by Nintendo in vWii.
    ... and you can't use other system menu versions because there's only ONE meant for vWii and the others (the ones meant for a normal Wii) will brick your vWii part of the Wii U is you try to install them.

ct_bolt likes this.
  5. ct_bolt
    OP

Member ct_bolt Creator

United States
    Many thanks to you Maxternal! As I feared I will need to go out and buy a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl (which is an excellent game anyway though).

6. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    Not that it's bad to buy it but there's always the option of a rental or borrowing if you have that available to you nearby.

ct_bolt likes this.