Hacking Softmod - help needed using disc channel again

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
th eonly way the disc channel ever worked was with cioscorp a modchip or the rebooter used with neogamma which is sometimes broken

maybe u had a modchip and didnt realise and its broken?

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
ekipstonmai said:
xflak40 said:
that's weird....

i would reinstall your system menu (since the disk channel is a part of the system menu, it will get reinstalled and hopefully fix the problem), and try again

Original games still load from the disc channel, just backups that have stopped. Would I still need to do that?

heck, if u really want to start fresh, i would do an official ninty update... it wont even remove cioscorp (just your cios's)... and rehack your wii from square one... thats the advice I usually give if I can't figure out what the problem is... cuz if i can't figure it out (and the rest of gba cant either) it usually means its probably something minor u might have done by accident, and re-softmodding it usually fixes problems like that... if your problem persists, da_letter_a may be interested in your situation (because he's the creator of cioscorp)... maybe he can help

so to answer your question... reinstalling your system menu wont necessarily fix the problem... but it could, and its safe to do (as long as u don't lose power during the install)

would that update me to 4.2e or can I stay on 4.1e?

Also how do I get da_letter_a attention to this thread?

It probably is something stupid and little.

it was working, I downloaded Shop Channel and IOS61 Installer and installed that, it stopped working. I unistalled cioscorp 3.5 and installed 3.6 and still nothing.

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
ekipstonmai said:
I have Priiloader_v0_2 installed
but what hacks do u have installed?

btw, priiloader v0.2 is buggy, sometimes always booting priiloader even when u set it to boot something else... u may want to consider updating priiloader

fyi, reinstalling your system menu also uninstalls priiloader

No hacks
frown.gif
Maybe thats the problem? should I install some? or uninstall priiloader?

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
never mind went back to first post
tongue.gif

i still cant see how the shopchannel and ios61 stopped the discchannel from working

tried removing ios61 and the shopchannel ?

I'd had the wii softmodded for ages and was using neogamma untill I installed cioscorp when 3.5 came out, that worked fine untill not long ago.

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
ekipstonmai said:
No hacks
frown.gif
Maybe thats the problem? should I install some? or uninstall priiloader?
Install Priiloader 0.3b (the newest version)
0.2 has some bugs...
ok about to install 0.3b, what hacks do you suggest?

I'm thinking

Skip disc update check
Remove diag disc check
Auto-Press A at Health Screen

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
all hacks are optional, i would also enable these, but its up to u

regionfree everything
move disc channel
Remove NoCopy Save File Protection

Ok, I have this so far, looks about right?

CODE[Auto-Press A at Health Screen]
version=450
offset=0x813BCDBC
value=0x48000034
[Block Disc Updates]
version=450
offset=0x8137EF50,0x8137EF54,0x8137EEF8,0x8137EEFC,0x8137EE50,0x8137EE54
value=0x60000000,0x60000000,0x60000000,0x60000000,0x60000000,0x60000000
[Force Disc Games to run under IOS249]
version=450
offset=0x8137B9C4,0x8137B9C8
value=0x3B200001,0x3B0000F9
[Move Disc Channel]
version=450
offset=0x813AF580
value=0x60000000
[Remove NoCopy Save File Protection]
version=450
offset=0x813C4E84,0x813C4E88,0x8134E254,0x815C1D6C,0x81353E64,0x8134E264,0x8134E
68,0x8134E26C,0x8134E270
value=0x7C000000,0x4182001C,0x7C000000,0x38600001,0x3BE00000,0x801C0024,0x540000
C,0x901C0024,0x48000018
[Region Free Wii Games]
version=450
offset=0x8137D524,0x8137D800,0x8137D7E0,0x8137D51C,0x8137F5B0
value=0x60000000,0x4800001C,0x38000001,0x38000001,0x38600001
[Region Free GC Games (no VM Patch :( )]
version=450
offset=0x8137D524,0x8137D528
value=0x900DA5D8,0x38000032
[Region Free Channels]
version=450
offset=0x8152D2BC,0x81530768,0x8152D7A4,0x813B61EC
value=0x60000000,0x4E800020,0x38000001,0x48000028

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
r u actually changing the hacks.ini??????????????????????????? dont do that!

download this-compliments of da_letter_a (http://www.mediafire.com/?5uhwjnemt4j)

save THAT hacks.ini to the root of your sd card, launch priiloader and from within priiloader u can enable and disable hacks... don't change the hacks.ini file

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
r u actually changing the hacks.ini??????????????????????????? dont do that!

download this-compliments of da_letter_a (http://www.mediafire.com/?5uhwjnemt4j)

save THAT hacks.ini to the root of your sd card, launch priiloader and from within priiloader u can enable and disable hacks... don't change the hacks.ini file

I WAS going to
blink.gif
good catch there man,
wacko.gif
thanks, ok so change of plans then, I'll use the standard one and just enable/disable the hacks.

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK updated priiloader to 0.3b and enabled the various hacks

Auto press A at health screen
Block disc updates
Block online updates
Remove NoCopy Save file protection
Region free everything

and no change.

bootmii kept popping up first and was bugging me so I renamed the bootmii folder on the SD card to "old bootmii" and BINGO all of a sudden in the top right corner, NSMB.
yaywii.gif

I have no idea why, and I'm praying to the gods of gaming that its gonna stay working.

So I'd like to say a MAJOR thanks to all you guys
bow.gif

I've really appreciated all the replies and help and god knows I'm gonna appreciate the peace and quite the working wii is gonna bring from the twins
toot.gif

I hope this has helped fill someones knowledge bank a little and if anyone else has this problem it helps.

wub.gif
you guys!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ekipstonmai said:
bootmii kept popping up first and was bugging me so I renamed the bootmii folder on the SD card to "old bootmii" and BINGO all of a sudden in the top right corner, NSMB.
yaywii.gif
so r u saying that u could not load backup disks from the disk channel... then u renamed the bootmii folder, then it started working? (not sure what u meant by "all of a sudden in the top right corner, NSMB"). That is very strange... that makes no sense to me...??

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
ekipstonmai said:
yaywii.gif
so r u saying that u could not load backup disks from the disk channel... then u renamed the bootmii folder, then it started working? (not sure what u meant by "all of a sudden in the top right corner, NSMB"). That is very strange... that makes no sense to me...??

Yup, after I renamed the bootmii folder on my SD card and rebooted the wii and New Super Mario Bros was in the disc channel.

Dont know why or how, dont know if that did it or not but it was working.

I followed pretty much everything in here, updated priiloader and renamed bootmii folder and its all back (strangely mario party 8 wont load from the disc channel, if anyone knows why that would be great)

I have just been looking and found that if I disable -Region free everything- it goes again, so maybe bootmii was forcing it to a certain region?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bootmii does have a video mode setting.... look into your bootmii.ini file and copy and paste what it says here... if it's set to boot in ntsc video mode (or some other video mode that isn't what u should be using) that could explain it.

also, can u confirm that you're wii is pal and the backup disks u r trying to play are also pal?

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
bootmii does have a video mode setting.... look into your bootmii.ini file and copy and paste what it says here... if it's set to boot in ntsc video mode (or some other video mode that isn't what u should be using) that could explain it.

also, can u confirm that you're wii is pal and the backup disks u r trying to play are also pal?

My Wii is a standard Pal wii, a good few years old, my wii backups are mostly pal versions or patched to pal

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

So it looks like it was trying to boot to NTSC, something small and stupid overlooked
blink.gif

While I have you here, is there any other ios I need installed to get mario party 8 to work from the disc channel? it works from neogamma so I guess it should work from the disc channel right?

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Yeah, changing that to PAL50/60 should make it work

cIOSCORP should've installed all needed IOSs already

I'm good to leave it disabled if it makes no difference to anything?

Mario Party 8 is not an issue but I'd love to figure out why it load, one of those niggling little things that makes you feel like a job not finished, or you know that feeling you get when you go to get your last cookie and its not there but you know you aint eaten it, its like that.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
leaving it disabled will make your wii start to bootmii all the time (assuming the folder is still named bootmii), if u do this, then launch the system menu from within bootmii, it should still be using the video settings in the ini file. So change your bootmii ini file to use Pal50/60 like tj_cool suggested, then u can leave bootmii disabled... then everytime u start your wii it will use the right video settings for u regardless of whether bootmii is enabled or disabled (to disable bootmii u can rename the bootmii folder)

mario party not working huh? no idea why, that should be taken care of by cioscorp... a backwards way of fixing that would be to use generic wii patcher for that game and force it to use ios249... then that disk should work via the disk channel... that's not really fixing the root problem... but it should work

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a somewhat similar problem.

I recently used DOP IOS Mod to install basically all the files for 4.1 (including system menu) and everything went without a hitch. Now, from reading through this thread I see that reinstalling system menu means you must reinstall priiloader (I'm old school, I had Preloader installed, 0.2 I assume). Now, I downloaded the hacks.ini file in this thread, and put it on my root. Ran priiloader 0.3b, everything went fine. BUT, everytime I put in a newer backup (NSMB or Modern Combat) it asks for a system update via the disc channel.

Isn't priiloader supposed to block that with the file I nabbed from this thread ???? If not, how do I change the .ini settings ???? In the old days, you'd just modify the file directly, but that was advised against in this thread. I tried running the installer again to see if there's any screen in there to change settings, but no dice. Do I need a seperate app ????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one