softmod even though it has been softmoded and downgraded?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Newbwii034, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Newbwii034
    OP

Newcomer Newbwii034 Newbie

United States
    Can I softmod my wii again even though it has been softmoded and downgraded before??

I really want to know if it is ok to softmod a wii that has been downgraded in the past?? (because we uograded by accident)
    Here is my situation:
    1. I have a wii that has been working with games from usb loader GX. (I guess that means it has once been softmoded?)
    2. Then we upgraded by accident and somebody fixed it. Now in my SD card, I can see the file ....DowngradeIOS35.dol with other folders like app, config, Neogamma, etc.
    3. By mistake, I tried to change the settings in the games menu in order to play some games like Kirby (I changed the IOS to 250 because of a fail youtube video)
    4. Then I tried to update my USB loader (to 2.2) GX by putting files into my SD card.
    5. When I attended to insert the SD card back into the wii and plug my USB driver...my USB loader didn't work anymore. So I deleted the files that I put for updating my usb loader.​
    RESULT:
    1. NOW IT IS A 4.3U / I DON'T REMEBER WHAT VERSION IT USED TO BE
    2. On the main menu, i don't see the HBC..​
    3.I can't play my games in my USB driver anymore.

So, I want to know what is the most simple way to get everything back to normal (Have a working USB Loader) and to be able to play Kirby.
    Can I softmod it even though my wii has been downgraded?? (I can still see the files in my SD card saying”downgrad.... 
    I'm really affraid that if I format my SD card (it is demanded in the guide of how to softmod) the system will be upgraded..... Thank you!!!​

2. Chud

Newcomer Chud Member

United States
    Yes update the wii and start all over again (virgin wii) using Modmii!!!
    You'll be fine!

-Chud-

3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    ive re soft modded my wii pleanty of time. you shouldn't have any problems either. too bad you have wii meanu 4.3 now 4.1 is the last region freee SM