Softmod a 4.3 e with smash brawl

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bazshilling, Oct 17, 2010.

Oct 17, 2010
  1. bazshilling
    OP

Newcomer bazshilling Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello good people i'm just wondering if you can do this with smash brawl or does it have to be lego indiana jones just i've updated my wii like noob and now can't softmod it. I've read up on places and some say EITHER games but some say it's just for the 4.3-U please help me out just i have the original smash brawl but not lego indiana jones and the price has shot up for this. Many thanks in advance

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    No, you can't use the PAL version of ssbb to mod your wii. Any softmod before the update? Modchip installed?

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can use lego indy or yu-gi-oh 5 D's

4. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My buddy's Wii had a softmod prior to his kids' updating to 4.3. Does that help in getting back to 4.2?

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u have ANY forwarder channels still installed on your Wii?

do u still have bootmii @ boot2 still installed?

Even if u had priiloader it woulda been overwritten when u updated so I wont bother asking about that

if the answer to any of those questions is yes, then u don't need a disc at all to exploit your wii

6. bazshilling
    OP

Newcomer bazshilling Newbie

United Kingdom
    no it had not been done, i checked the firmware first and it was on 3.1 so i just updated it thinking it would update to 4.2 (because the last time i updated one thats what it went to and it was easy to softmod it) but instaed of looking up on the internet i just went ahead with it like a noob. Now the price of that game has shot up and i've been to my local rental store and they don't have it and i feel robbed having to pay the prices for it. Just have to hope someone out there in south shields is willing to lend me it for a hour, Or futher a field (willing to pay postage and package) lol

7. WiiJohn

Newcomer WiiJohn Member

United Kingdom
    I can sympathise. The prices even for preowned lego Indiana Jones has rocketed. £30 is the going rate if you bid on ebay.
    Try rent or borrow.

If you do manage to get one XFlax guide is very good.