Hacking Softmii not recognizing Pikmin PAL game?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well idk if it's just because it's a new game but my Wiis disc channel doesn't seem to recognize this game. I haven't tried it on Wiigators gamma because I would have to install the .wad again but if there are on recommendations in order for this game to work it would be nice.

P.S. NOT THE GAMECUBE GAME!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To run Gamma you need a channel? Since when? I'm almost sure nintendo tries now a little bit harder to fight import games, at least by not including video modes not needed in the region the games are released. What i mean: I'm sure the game only has PAL video mode code in it. You have to run it in PAL video mode, for example with Gamma and force PAL60.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just patched to PAL? As far as I know, this game is only out in Japan. The Japanese version does not work with softmii. You have to do a special patching process to the disk image or If you turn on the forceregion hack in preloader, it may work, but it will fuck up other games.

Or load it from gamma and force Japanese.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
richglix said:
Is it just patched to PAL? As far as I know, this game is only out in Japan. The Japanese version does not work with softmii. You have to do a special patching process to the disk image or If you turn on the forceregion hack in preloader, it may work, but it will fuck up other games.

What's the special patching process you are talking about? Do you mean patch the region code and force japanese, or did you mean something else? Oh, and Pikmin is released in 2 days in germany, maybe it was released in another country earlier.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richglix said:

Here is the version I have:
[Wii] Pikmin [PAL][MULTI5]

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this one Pikmin.PAL.WII-SUSHi I got it off of iamadumbass.org, i'm going to try Wiigator and force...japanese you said??????????

edited your post,we really dont care where you get your warez from but dont go advertising it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiiownzzz said:
I have this one Pikmin.PAL.WII-SUSHi I got it off of dontbeadumassandquotenaughtylinks.org, i'm going to try Wiigator and force...japanese you said??????????

It's PAL, so try in this order, force NTSC, force PAL60 and then force PAL50. Force language should not be necessary.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the patching process Ether taught me to get the Japanese version of Pikmin to work in my Softmii USA Wii.

QUOTE said:
Go to the 002fix error thread and download the Bailli's GWP (generic wii patcher)
Open you pikmin.iso with trucha signer and extract the main.dol from 2nd partition (the one were the game is, not the update one)
open the main.dol you've extracted with Bailli's patcher
in the "Console Language Detection" hit search, choose "Japan", and then hit "Patch to new language"
hit "save"
open trucha signer again
replace the main.dol in the .iso with the one you've just patched
right click over the 2nd partittion and click "Trucha Sing it"
close trucha signer and now you can burn your disc

Just to be clear, it would show in the disc channel but when you started it it would just stay at a black screen. I patched it with the above method, reburned, and now it works great.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually force PAL60/50 with the Backup Launcher or use Region Free 1.2 to make it NTSC.
That's how I'm playing Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City (PAL) and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (PAL) on my USA Wii.
Region free is recommended though so that you don't need the backup launcher.
Sadly, I didn't use Region Free, so I have to use it. The games work well though... as well as they would through the Disk Channel with Softmii. XD

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
richglix said:
This is the patching process Ether taught me to get the Japanese version of Pikmin to work in my Softmii USA Wii.

QUOTE said:
Go to the 002fix error thread and download the Bailli's GWP (generic wii patcher)
Open you pikmin.iso with trucha signer and extract the main.dol from 2nd partition (the one were the game is, not the update one)
open the main.dol you've extracted with Bailli's patcher
in the "Console Language Detection" hit search, choose "Japan", and then hit "Patch to new language"
hit "save"
open trucha signer again
replace the main.dol in the .iso with the one you've just patched
right click over the 2nd partittion and click "Trucha Sing it"
close trucha signer and now you can burn your disc

Just to be clear, it would show in the disc channel but when you started it it would just stay at a black screen. I patched it with the above method, reburned, and now it works great.

Nice guide from him. That's exactly the way i would recommend it to patch the .iso, if you need to patch it. That's the .iso patch equivalent to force language in Gamma and SoftChip.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Wiiownzzz said:
I have this one Pikmin.PAL.WII-SUSHi I got it off of thesenseofapackofdungbeetles.org, i'm going to try Wiigator and force...japanese you said??????????

It's PAL, so try in this order, force NTSC, force PAL60 and then force PAL50. Force language should not be necessary.
Force NTSC did not work just froze at green scree, force PAL60 and PAL50 worked but was in black and white and the screen was sliding downward idk what that's called stuttering?

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. Mine is in japanese. The entire game. The site said its

Pikmin [PAL] - Idiomas: Multi5

and here is the box image

2725c.jpg

Trust me, just try and force japanese.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiiownzzz said:
WiiPower said:
Wiiownzzz said:
I have this one Pikmin.PAL.WII-SUSHi I got it off of ffshowmanymoredipshitsrgoingtoquotethewarezmonkery.org, i'm going to try Wiigator and force...japanese you said??????????

Force NTSC did not work just froze at green scree, force PAL60 and PAL50 worked but was in black and white and the screen was sliding downward idk what that's called stuttering?

Well the falling screen at PAL60 is bad. Try to load it with my toy, it has video mode patches included:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909
(it's a SoftChip mod)

Try force NTSC 480i first and then if that doesn't work force PAL 576i -> NTSC 480i. If only the 2nd option works then you don't need to try to patch the main.dol of the .iso with the generic wii patcher, it wouldn't work. If the 1st option works, you can patch the .iso with the GWP if you prefer loading from the disc channel.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i want to patch my iso according to some people but all i have is Wiiscrubber and whenever I get trucha signer EVEN IF I have key.bin in the same directory it say no Keyset or some shit like that. Is the "Trucha Sign It" step necessary?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiiownzzz said:
Ok i want to patch my iso according to some people but all i have is Wiiscrubber and whenever I get trucha signer EVEN IF I have key.bin in the same directory it say no Keyset or some shit like that. Is the "Trucha Sign It" step necessary?

Well, if i were you i would try to play the game with my toy first. Like i said, it's possible that the generic wii patcher will be unable to patch the video mode. About the key, copy the common-key into the same folder and rename it common-key.bin and try with that. The Trucha Sign step is necessary with the Trucha Signer. WiiScrubber should be a good replacement for Trucha Signer and with that you don't need to trucha sign the .iso manually.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiownzzz said:

You have to modify the hex code with the key. Its in the trucha readme. YOU CANT JUST SKIP STUFF WHEN YOU WANT, THIS IS WHY YOUR STUFF IS NOT WORKING TO BEGIN WITH.

Does it work in Gamma with Japanese forced?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Wiiownzzz said:

Well, if i were you i would try to play the game with my toy first. Like i said, it's possible that the generic wii patcher will be unable to patch the video mode. About the key, copy the common-key into the same folder and rename it common-key.bin and try with that. The Trucha Sign step is necessary with the Trucha Signer. WiiScrubber should be a good replacement for Trucha Signer and with that you don't need to trucha sign the .iso manually.

richglix said:
QUOTE(Wiiownzzz @ Feb 4 2009, 05:58 PM)

You have to modify the hex code with the key. Its in the trucha readme. YOU CANT JUST SKIP STUFF WHEN YOU WANT, THIS IS WHY YOUR STUFF IS NOT WORKING TO BEGIN WITH.

Ok, i'll play with your toy, lol. EVEN tho somebody had a post before this explaining how he patched his Pikmin.iso and it works.

Bro, there is no Force japanese! I only see NTSC, PAL60, and PAL50.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiownzzz said:
WiiPower said:
Wiiownzzz said:

richglix said:
QUOTE(Wiiownzzz @ Feb 4 2009, 05:58 PM)

Ok, i'll play with your toy, lol. EVEN tho somebody had a post before this explaining how he patched his Pikmin.iso and it works.

Bro, there is no Force japanese! I only see NTSC, PAL60, and PAL50.

Force Japanese language. I know it sounds like it wont work, but just try it for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c